BUILD-A-BOT | IS IT WORTH YOU WHILE? (NEWLY UPDATED)

Options
mercerik
mercerik Posts: 3,617 Legend
edited February 2019 in Discussions
 I have been baffled, thwarted, frustrated by this CHALLENGE. In ONE WEEK, I was STUMPED and my HOPES for WINNING this challenge has been YANKED & DEFEATED and KICKED to SQUARE ONE not only ONCE but TWICE. I SYMPATHIZE with those of you who wanted this CHALLENGE GONE. I FAILED the  SUPPOSEDLY EASY LEVEL 3821 that caused my SECOND START OVER. This LEVEL was DOWNGRADED from SUPERHARD & NIGHTMARISHLY HARD with 35 MOVES last year to EASY LEVEL with 32 MOVES this year which DOESN'T MAKE SENSE. Not only do I NEED to START OVER, the LEVEL that I LOST, LEVEL 3821 DIDN'T COUNT after I COMPLETED IT. It JUST PUT ME BACK IN THE CONTENTION which means ONLY NEW LEVELS will be CONSIDERED and COUNTED. After I BEAT 3 MORE NEW LEVELS (3822, 3823 & 3824), I noticed that the LEVELS to PASS WITHOUT LOSING A LIFE on BUILD-A-BOT was INCREASED to a TOTAL OF 10.

This is DECEIVING. Looking at the PHOTO below, from what it seems, once you PASS THE 5 LEVELS WITHOUT LOSING A LIFE, you GET 3 BOOSTERS (1 Color Bomb + 1 STRIPED & WRAPPED CANDY COMBO + 3-Extra Moves), WIN your 6TH and you'll get the same + another 1 STRIPED & WRAPPED CANDY COMBO making it 4 BOOSTERS, WIN your 7th, then you'll get 5 BOOSTERS of 2 Color Bombs + 2 WRAPPED & STRIPED CANDY COMBOS + 3-Extra MOVES and it GOES UP from there and it ENDS on the 10th LEVELS that you PASS without LOSING A LIFE. 

UPDATE: I COMPLETED LEVEL 3825, thinking that I WILL BE GETTING THE BOOSTERS INDICATED IN THE PHOTO. UNFORTUNATELY, NO BOOSTERS WERE GIVEN or AWARDED. This CHALLENGE IS ALL OR NOTHING. You'll have to PASS ALL 10 to get the BOOSTERS. THIS IS TOTALLY DECEIVING!

Comments

• Lyla
    Lyla Posts: 5 Level 2
    Options
    No it is crap ... they are trying to get us to buy more as this is too hard to achieve boosters especially with the harder levels , seldom win on the first time !!  I refuse to buy boosters anymore as I seem to get ripped off every time and it can get real expensive !!
  • mercerik
    edited February 2019
    Options
    @Lyla

To be fair with King, like any companies, they have to make money to be able to pay their employees and other things to stay in business. Even though I DON'T PAY TO PLAY, I know how expensive it is if you get used to trading GOLD BARS to get 5-EXTRA MOVES when you FAIL A LEVEL because it is NOT a 5 on 5 EXCHANGE. Aside from that, the amount of GOLD BARS go up when you need more moves. You could BURN all your GOLD BARS on ONE EXTREMELY DIFFICULT LEVEL. Before you OPT for 5-EXTRA MOVES, you have to make sure it is enough to COMPLETE THE LEVEL, otherwise it is NOT WORTH GETTING MORE.There are other FREE OPTIONS to get 5-EXTRA MOVES. Sometimes, you get lucky when you get FREE SPIN without watching ADS or 5-EXTRA MOVES for FREE when you FAIL A LEVEL. 

• bigfish
    bigfish Posts: 53 Level 3
    Options
    Put the rewards back to how they used to be, like mercerik I do not buy to play, now the game is so boring as I used to go back & play games I could win, to gain rewards which King made harder to get . Like now I am stuck on a game for the last week so I will give up soon as I have no boosters so will give the game up after 2 years or more till they change it back again.
  • mercerik
    edited February 2019
    Options
    @bigfish

This CHALLENGE is IMPOSSIBLE to ATTAIN. I am NOW STUMPED this WEEK 3X. It is OK if they EXPLAINED the DYNAMICS or the MECHANICS FULLY WELL, BUT NO. The GRAPHICS does NOT REPRESENT what is PORTRAYED in the FUN EVENTS where they are showing the possible prize for beating a certain level so I thought that if I beat that level I would be getting anything. WRONG!!! I didn't. I don't know if they understand what they are trying to do with the players. 

This will be very EXPENSIVE COMPETITION for players who PAY TO PLAY. Be ready with your DEEP POCKETS. It is ALL LEVELS or NOTHING. Every LEVEL from the LOOKS of it requires BOOSTERS, POWER-UPS and GOLD BARS to COMPLETE. The PRIZES are ONLY BOOSTERS like COLOR BOMBS, STRIPED & WRAPPED CANDY COMBO and 3-EXTRA MOVES. It is NOT WORTH YOUR MONEY. It is like being an ANT CARRYING A BIG BOULDER OF FOOD to a SMALL MOUTHED CAVE. 
  • kimmieebee2019
    kimmieebee2019 Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    I HATE THIS NEW BUILD A BOT. !!! i may have to quit....at least with the old way  i had a fighting chance and really enjoyed the game. I use to go to lower levels and play to win my booster for each level u won. Now i am having a horrible time just getting past a new level. I am at 4090 and the last few levels have taken numerous tries so i have never leveled up with this build a bot..It is now very slow and frustrating .l am not able to spend a huge amount of money on this game, so now its just work.... SHAME SHAME SHAME ON YOUR GREED!!!
  • beswickid
    beswickid Posts: 4 Newbie
    Options
    Totally agree! Losing interest due to new Build A Bot. I know it's to try make us buy to get past hard levels. I haven't got to 3831 without paying a penny to start now. Just taken the fun out of it.
  • Oakley_Arney
    Oakley_Arney Posts: 76 Level 3
    Options
    mercerik said:
     I have been baffled, thwarted, frustrated by this CHALLENGE. In ONE WEEK, I was STUMPED and my HOPES for WINNING this challenge has been YANKED & DEFEATED and KICKED to SQUARE ONE not only ONCE but TWICE. I SYMPATHIZE with those of you who wanted this CHALLENGE GONE. I FAILED the  SUPPOSEDLY EASY LEVEL 3821 that caused my SECOND START OVER. This LEVEL was DOWNGRADED from SUPERHARD & NIGHTMARISHLY HARD with 35 MOVES last year to EASY LEVEL with 32 MOVES this year which DOESN'T MAKE SENSE. Not only do I NEED to START OVER, the LEVEL that I LOST, LEVEL 3821 DIDN'T COUNT after I COMPLETED IT. It JUST PUT ME BACK IN THE CONTENTION which means ONLY NEW LEVELS will be CONSIDERED and COUNTED. After I BEAT 3 MORE NEW LEVELS (3822, 3823 & 3824), I noticed that the LEVELS to PASS WITHOUT LOSING A LIFE on BUILD-A-BOT was INCREASED to a TOTAL OF 10.

This is DECEIVING. Looking at the PHOTO below, from what it seems, once you PASS THE 5 LEVELS WITHOUT LOSING A LIFE, you GET 3 BOOSTERS (1 Color Bomb + 1 STRIPED & WRAPPED CANDY COMBO + 3-Extra Moves), WIN your 6TH and you'll get the same + another 1 STRIPED & WRAPPED CANDY COMBO making it 4 BOOSTERS, WIN your 7th, then you'll get 5 BOOSTERS of 2 Color Bombs + 2 WRAPPED & STRIPED CANDY COMBOS + 3-Extra MOVES and it GOES UP from there and it ENDS on the 10th LEVELS that you PASS without LOSING A LIFE. 

UPDATE: I COMPLETED LEVEL 3825, thinking that I WILL BE GETTING THE BOOSTERS INDICATED IN THE PHOTO. UNFORTUNATELY, NO BOOSTERS WERE GIVEN or AWARDED. This CHALLENGE IS ALL OR NOTHING. You'll have to PASS ALL 10 to get the BOOSTERS. THIS IS TOTALLY DECEIVING!

So when you started 3824 did you start with a CB. and W/S combo? Or did you start level 3823 with those mentioned boosters? The only reason I ask is because the old version required 7 levels to complete the “bot” and I’m trying to figure out which level completion you would be at in this sequence, how and why 10 fits into it and lastly my big question which I think you answered but am clarifying because if accurate you are right, very VERY DECEPTIVE, when you started 3825, the electrified/highlighted level in your picture, you DIDNOT start with a CB, W/S combo and 3 extra moves? If this is accurate, what DID you start this level with, booster wise from the bot that is?
  • kimmieebee2019
    kimmieebee2019 Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    i am now seeing that not only can I not go to the lower levels to build a bot but I also cant go to the lower levels to complete the Dynamic Duo, or the new Candy quest... So we have pretty much lost any way to win booster of any
    kind unless u can  complete the new levels.. i am at 4091.. which is one Super hard level after another. so my chances of getting any boosters is 0-0 .. and on top of all this i had 54 lives and they just all disappeared.. thansk for ruining the only game a really enjoy and play on here..... totally dissapointed....
  • mayitake
    mayitake Posts: 6 Level 2
    Options
    This is the worst bildabot. It has taken the fun out of the game for me. I hope they will reconsider the new format.🤨
  • malteser17
    malteser17 Posts: 6 Level 2
    Options
    I'm even more annoyed because I won a nightmarishly hard level, 3165, with boosters but because I switched out of the app literally just as I won it didn't register it. No matter I thought, I'll just go back to my favourite level, 2159, that I can win every time in about 1 minute and build my boosters back up again. Only I can't now and I haven't got enough boosters left to win it without paying :-( So now I'm probably going to be stuck forever on level 3165 unless I'm patient enough to log in evrev day and spin for a booster, but even then you can only start with one colour bomb or one fish whereas the build a bit would give you more :-( Not impressed.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?