What exactly is the piggy bank?

Options
Lady_Choo
Lady_Choo Posts: 24,547 Pet Rescue Moderator
edited January 2023 in Discussions
You will have seen the little pig on your screens gathering bars for you. Many comments we see are that people mistakenly believe that the bars they earn belong to them. That when the bank is full, they feel they should be able to keep the bars without paying for them.  So let me explain how it works. Please note,  I do not work for King, I am only a volunteer but ultimately I am a player just the same as all you other players so I understand where you are coming from. 

Have you ever wanted to buy an ingame item needing gold bars to find it might be priced higher than what you expected and for whatever reason, you just cannot do it? 
Do you remember seeing special offers come up where you could buy gold, reduced for x amount of days but then it goes and it takes a long time to return?
This is where the piggy comes in useful. 
Let me start by clearing up one little detail. The bars that you earn for passing levels are not actually yours. King does not give bars for passing levels as they are real cash items. These games are all free to play, meaning you don't have to spend a penny if you don't want to. But they offer ingame items which make passing some of those levels quicker and less stress free to play.  Virtual candy is all well and good but it doesn't pay the bills. And our poor Studio's would end up with no teeth and terrible health if they were paid in candy. So the piggy bank is a good solution. Not just to the studios who make the games we love, but also we win from it too. 

Why is that? Well, everytime we pass a level, depending on how many stars we get, depends on how many gold bars we earn. So 3 stars and you earn 3 gold bars. These go into the savings bank known as the pig. These gold bars are not given because we have passed a level, we have ingame currencies for that depending on which game it is. Its an extra on top of. So when the piggy is full, usually at 50 bars, we get the option to break it. Yes it costs money. But if you don't want to pay, then don't. It is that simple. Just ignore the pig and it becomes a picture on the screen. However, if you do want to break it, then compare the prices of gold. With the pig and without the pig. I save £2 in bubble witch 3 on mine. In a non saga game where the pig exists, my daughter gets 550 gems for 2.99. Without that pig they would cost £9.99. That is a huge huge difference. 

Its Kings way of trying to help us save money if we want to use it. We don't have to, we don't have to spend a penny, the choice is yours. But look upon it as though its a special offer from King, all the year around that we don't need to wait for. Well until we pass some levels :) 

If yours has a purple star with a number on (updated since release) then its just the piggy level depending on how many times you have purchased it. It has no value other than bragging rights. 
This discussion has been closed.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?