⚠️ Need help? Check our FAQ:s first HERE
📩 Email notifications Customise your experience in the forum! HERE

No prize for 1st place in weekly challenge?

Zashna_001
Zashna_001 Posts: 4 Newbie
Hi,
I took this screenshot on 8/4/19 at 2.45pm (Australian date and time). I'm still waiting for my bonus for finishing in 1st place in the weekly challenge. Please get back to me on what might have gone wrong and why I haven't received anything.
Thanks! 

Best Answer

• Crimson_Dawn
    Crimson_Dawn Posts: 2,741 Level 5
    Answer ✓
    Hello! I don't know if anyone else mentioned, but King also tests events too. Different people get different events for different periods of time. Apparently King finished their testing with the weekly race and people are no longer getting rewards for this event (at least not everyone is)

Answers

• Sukanta_Biswas
    Sukanta_Biswas Posts: 24,932 Candy Moderator
    edited April 2019
    hello @Zashna_001

Thanks a lot for posting with screenshots. See the pictures there is no mention of the rewards, so you did not get the rewards. complete levels to climb the list.
    Every week players can see how they’re doing in the arena of sweet-switching and blending those bonbons, visible in the Weekly Race leader board. 
    This gives you a measure of your magnificent matching methods it also offers unique bragging rights as you race for the top spot.
    As this is based on your normal gameplay and doesn’t require you to play any challenge or event, this gives you the recognition you deserve for your great gameplay.  At the moment it doesn’t give a prize, but does allow you to feel the satisfaction and knowledge that your skills don’t go unnoticed. 

Keep doing what you’re doing and take your place on the winner’s podium!
  • Cobra
    Cobra Posts: 28 Level 2

@Sukanta...Once again I beg to differ with you. You DO receive awards for finishing 1st, 2nd or 3rd in the Weekly Race. 

@Zaynah...It does take a couple days to receive your reward (Tues or definitely by Wed). When you log in to play CC on one of those days you should see your name/pic for 1st place and the names/pics of the players that won 2nd & 3rd place. 

• Sukanta_Biswas
    hello @Cobra how are you?
    Initially I got this award several times. But it is not on my forehead for a long time  :3
    Perhaps there are a few of these, but there is no reward in this section.
    Maybe it might change, see here 
  • mercerik
    mercerik Posts: 3,617 Legend
    @Zashna_001

Hi Zashna! The Weekly Race - Gold resets every late Sunday afternoon. In the past, King awards the 5 Boosters hours after the Leaderboard is reset to zero. Recently, these Boosters were awarded in the middle or end of the week. You will be notified if your CCS Notification is Enabled before you even see it when you open the App. You'll see a banner with your photo together with the Second and the Third Place Winners. The Booster Prizes are the same each time.

• Cobra
    Cobra Posts: 28 Level 2

@Sukanta...As a long time player of CC, I recognize that there are many types of weekly Challenges, Races, etc. And like you mentioned, some are just for recognition of a job well done. But the Weekly Race-Gold does reward the three highest winners with boosters (of course 1st place getting the most).

@Mercerik...thanks for confirming for Zashna.

• Sukanta_Biswas
    yes @Cobra
    This is also part of a Weekly Race which showed @mercerik
    Surely, whether reward is available from Weekly Race Gold but not from 'Complete Levels to Climb the List'.
    thanks @mercerik

• Zashna_001
    Zashna_001 Posts: 4 Newbie
    Hi All, 

@Sukanta_Biswas @mercerik @Cobra
    Thank you very much for all your replies. Just an update that I have yet to get my reward  but seeing as how it's almost been three weeks, I don't think I'll be receiving it in the foreseeable future. Will just have to keep playing and trying to be at the top to get those juicy boosters. Maybe this top spot rewards thing is a hit or miss? Esp since it's a new feature with CC. Not sure though. Just hope no one else has to face the disappointment I did.
    Cheers 
  • Crimson_Dawn
    Crimson_Dawn Posts: 2,741 Level 5
    Answer ✓
    Hello! I don't know if anyone else mentioned, but King also tests events too. Different people get different events for different periods of time. Apparently King finished their testing with the weekly race and people are no longer getting rewards for this event (at least not everyone is)
  • jessbear0104
    jessbear0104 Posts: 1 Newbie
    This happened to me I came top of my friends leaderboard and haven't received any rewards yet the week before I finished third and received my rewards this not the first time this has happened to me.
    I have messaged King  on numerous occasions but they are seemingly dragging their heels 

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?