Getting the Gold Crown for a level

bearwithme
bearwithme Posts: 15,941 Candy Moderator
You are supposed to get a gold crown for every level you finish the first time.  However this isn't true all the time, I have had multiple times when I finished on the first try (I always try and do that if at all possible) and did not get a gold crown.  I think it's because if you reset the level multiple times, sometimes the statement about finishing on the first try doesn't appear.  My question is - what's the point except maybe it looks pretty?  Does it count for anything in the long run?  It doesn't seem to make any difference so I haven't worried about not getting it, even when I did finish the first time.  Anyway - I was just curious and wondered if anybody knew anything about it.

Thanks.

Comments

• mercerik
    mercerik Posts: 3,617 Legend
    @bearwithme

Hi bwm!

I always get the crown each time I complete the Level In One Go or One Try. I never reset a Level. Once I hit Play there is no turning back mainly because my Screen Recorder is also on, whether I am playing in my Computer or in my iPhone.

Quoting from your question "what's the point except maybe it looks pretty?". I suppose you get extra points for completing it that way. Extra-points could help you with other special events. It could also be a deciding factor in case of a tie in the number of levels beat in Ranking on Progress on Levels This Week in the Weekly Race. I noticed this myself. I have a CC Friend who has the same number of levels completed as I have and still I was placed on top of her. I am sure King will not put it out there if it doesn't make a difference. 

Hope this answers your questions or concerns on this matter!

• bearwithme
    bearwithme Posts: 15,941 Candy Moderator
    Appreciate the info. I do reset (of course I am not recording my play) usually to get two cb together. I would say close to 95% of the time I finish on the first go but I actually noticed one time that I didn’t see that statement  one up so that’s when I realized why I didn’t always get the gold crown. Anyway - I’m not going to stress about it. I doubt in the long run it’s going to affect me or my game. 

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?