Can you hit a magic mixer with a hammer?

Options
Sammyjo
Sammyjo Posts: 231 Level 3
I just heard that as of April of 2017, you are no longer able to use a hammer to assist in clearing a magic mixer. Is this true today? I am currently researching how to clear level 2381, which has 2 very nasty magic mixers in it.  I plan to try to use wrapped candies, as close as I can set them up, which, when exploded, should give me 2 hits at a time. I just am not sure that I can get them close enough. I will reset.the board until it looks as good as I can get it. Thanks for the help!

Best Answers

Answers

• mercerik
    mercerik Posts: 3,617 Legend
    Options
    @Sammyjo

Hi Sammyjo! Don't waste your Lollipop Hammers on the Evil Spawners AKA Magic Mixers! You can't break them with the hammers. I did that before when their layers were pealed to bare pink. It did not work. You can use Striped & Wrapped Candy Combo especially when they are at their weak state,

Hope this answers your question!

Good Luck!
  • mercerik
    Answer ✓
    Options
    @Sammyjo

I have the video for Level 2381 with this link: 

https://youtu.be/czoK9sYkj_Y

Hope this helps!
  • Sammyjo
    Options
    Hi. Thanks for your quick response. I just cleared that level. That level was one of the most frustrating levels that I have ever played in this game. Almost every time I would get a stripe in place, the spawners would spit out more licorice, and make it so the stripe did not hit either magic mixer. I had to use 2 switch hands and several hammers just to line moves up so that they would reach both spawners. I did end up using a hammer 1 time on the top mixer, and it did clear it so that the cherry was exposed. Ugh! Glad to be done with that one!
  • SagaR
    SagaR Posts: 187 Level 3
    Answer ✓
    Options
    It is possible to destroy a Magic Mixer with Lollipop Hammers; I have done so in the past and it has saved me on some really tricky levels. But it takes a LOT of hammers. I don't remember the exact number but ten hammers per mixer sounds about right.
  • Sukanta_Biswas
    Sukanta_Biswas Posts: 24,932 Crushing Legend
    edited May 2019
    Options
    hello  :)
    The magic mixer is capable of replacing the blockers around it with those it spawns if there are any. The magic mixer takes 5 hits to destroy and when destroyed it creates an explosion that is equal to a wrapped candy + wrapped candy combo.
  • Sammyjo
    Options
    Thanks for the info! I am aware of the magic mixer and how many hits it takes to clear it. I am specifically interested in whether a hammer can hit a magic mixer and bring it one  closer to being destroyed. In the past, I have tried to use a hammer to get rid of a magic mixer, and I have had mixed results, some times it seems to help, and, other times, not so much. Yesterday, I was researching for level 2381, which has 2 nasty magic mixers. One of my sources said that, as of April 2017, hammers can't be used against magic mixers. I was just wondering if anyone else had successfully used a hammer against a magic mixer. I did clear that level last night, with 2 switch hands, and about 4 hammers.interestingly, I only used 1 hammer against 1 magic mixer, and it successfully cleared it. The other boosters were used to get the striped candies in proper position to hit both mixers at the same time. Before I cleared the magic mixers, they spawned licorice to many key places, and it was a very frustrating level! I am glad that is over, and, now, hopefully, I will go on to much better levels. Haha! Have to keep that sense of humor! 
  • RegalRenz
    RegalRenz Posts: 8,494 Sweet Legend
    Answer ✓
    Options
    @Sammyjo lollipop hammers can be used on magic mixers. I've done it before. 
  • mercerik
    Options
    @RegalRenz

Not in every level. I wasted some of my Lollipop Hammers before. I did it again today trying to move up. It didn't do a thing even though the Magic Mixer was at its weakest point. 

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?