⚠️ Need help? Check our FAQ:s first HERE
📩 Email notifications Customise your experience in the forum! HERE

Black Screen

Options
Kedoalni
Kedoalni Posts: 1 Newbie
I've not been able to play Candy Crush for about a week.  The game looks as though it's going to load normally, then a black screen covers the whole playing area!  Can anyone help with advice on how to get rid of it?  Thanks in advance~

Comments

• mercerik
    mercerik Posts: 3,617 Legend
    Options
    Kedoalni said:
    I've not been able to play Candy Crush for about a week.  The game looks as though it's going to load normally, then a black screen covers the whole playing area!  Can anyone help with advice on how to get rid of it?  Thanks in advance~
    @Kedoalni

Hi there! Welcome to the Community!

I've seen your Thread this morning. I wanted to opine right away but I was still working with my own Computer due to the Screen Resolution issue that came up after the Windows 10 Update in July 9 which affected Candy Crush Saga Windows 10 App and Facebook App. Normally, the update can be Rolled Back by doing System Restore using a Restore Point or creating one. Unfortunately, I encountered a Restart issue, which forced me to Reset Windows 10 Operating System. As a result, all my Apps were Removed in the Process. Some old Apps can no longer be recovered because they are no longer supported by Windows 10 which is a bummer. The good thing is I have a clean installed OS and Candy Crush Saga is back to normal.  

I searched your problem to see if there are people in the Microsoft Community who are experiencing the same issue. I found a Thread created on August 14, 2015 with responses that went all the way to December 18, 2016. This issue was not resolved. The Thread title is "Candy Crush Saga Black Background" with this link: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/candy-crush-saga-black-background/720c1846-2620-4a66-9ca5-0ec364c6fe93?page=1

I remember having the same issue in March 2017 when my Video Card started to go bad. I bought a new Video Card and replaced it myself. Replacing the Video Card and Updating it fixed the problem. 

I can't tell you for sure if that is what's causing your problem because I don't have your computer to test. If your computer is an older model, maybe it is about time to replace your Video Card. Make sure that you check your Computer Specifications for the compatible Video Card if you decide to go with this route.

Hope this helps!

Thanks!
  • RumellKhan123
    RumellKhan123 Posts: 201 Level 3
    Options
    Is it really because of Microsoft? I'm using Microsoft and I'm doing quite fine.
  • saniyat
    saniyat Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    I have been playing candy crush soda saga for a while, but recently the playing area is covered with a black screen when I am loading the game...what's the solution?

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?