⚠️ Need help? Check our FAQ:s first HERE
📩 Email notifications Customise your experience in the forum! HERE

No option to turn off hints

Options
wookiecat
wookiecat Posts: 4 Newbie

I downloaded candy crush a second time, and I noticed there was a way to turn off hands. When I log back in using Facebook, it sent me back to my original game where I was up at level 500 something. That was nice, however this version does not have the option to turn off hints. Anything I can do? I did follow the previous instructions but there is no option.

Best Answer

• Sukanta_Biswas
    Sukanta_Biswas Posts: 24,932 Crushing Legend
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @wookiecat

The hint switch feature is in the Test Group so we cannot say for sure that you will always find this feature.

However, in some cases the feature may be missing for temporary problems.

Keep playing the game, you can get the feature back again.

Thank you.

Answers

• Sukanta_Biswas
    Options

Hi @wookiecat

We warmly welcome you to the Friendly King Community's Candy Crush Saga forum.☺️

The game's setting wheel is placed at the top and no changes were made to the menus.😎

Check again and let me know.

• _Elsa_
    _Elsa_ Posts: 36,718 Sweet Legend
    Options

Hi @wookiecat welcome to our community. To add to what @Sukanta_Biswas wrote, below are the current opt out options for the game.

The hints opt out is there but how are you accessing it? You have to click on the pink wheel. and then click on the "features" tab and then you will see what you have.

I am going to post some links below to help you navigate through the community.

We currently have a poll going to see which is the most favorite King game that players love to play. You can vote here.  I am also going to give you some very important links below so that you can learn how to navigate through the community.

Here is a link to help you learn your way around the community. Let's learn more about the King community!

Make sure to check out the Contest Area for a chance to win gold bars!  You can check if your game is running any current contests, as well as the community contests (General).

To check out the game community for your King game(s) check out the "Newbies, this message is for you" here. Click on your game(s) and learn more about your game community.

• wookiecat
    Options

Thanks for the advice, however the pink wheel is at the bottom left and the features tab only has one oprion which is “fantastic five”

. I saw somebody else post the same problem.

• wookiecat
    Options

On the version of the game I am using there is no option as pictured in your photo above. I am again attaching my screenshot.

• _Elsa_
    _Elsa_ Posts: 36,718 Sweet Legend
    Options

That makes no sense because I would have thought that everyone has the same opt outs. From your print screen it looks like you are playing on a computer right? Are you playing through Facebook? If so, then I would like you to please check your Facebook settings because the game app might have expired. Go into your Facebook settings and click on the Apps and websites from the left side. When it opens look at the "Expired" tab to see if the same is there. If it is then edit and save. If it's not then go into the current tab and edit/save there. Hopefully that works. Let us know how it works out for you.

• Sukanta_Biswas
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @wookiecat

The hint switch feature is in the Test Group so we cannot say for sure that you will always find this feature.

However, in some cases the feature may be missing for temporary problems.

Keep playing the game, you can get the feature back again.

Thank you.

• wookiecat
    Options

Thank you. I hope it is a temporary problem because it is something that has always bothered me about the game. I will keep checking. Thank you.

• LakeitriceJ
    LakeitriceJ Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

Hi @Wookie , I’m having the same problem. Fantastic Five is the only feature available to me. I’m using the app on my phone, I’m not a Facebook user, so I wonder if that makes a difference.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?