🌕🐳 Dexter's 6th planet - Invent the name and win 50 Gold Bars! (finished)

Options

Comments

• SinoM
    SinoM Posts: 14 Level 2
    Options

The ultimate productivity hack is saying no.

Not doing something will always be faster than doing it. This statement reminds me of the old computer programming saying, “Remember that there is no code faster than no code.” 

The same philosophy applies in other areas of life. For example, there is no meeting that goes faster than not having a meeting at all.

This is not to say you should never attend another meeting, but the truth is that we say yes to many things we don't actually want to do. There are many meetings held that don't need to be held. There is a lot of code written that could be deleted.

How often do people ask you to do something and you just reply, “Sure thing.” Three days later, you're overwhelmed by how much is on your to-do list. We become frustrated by our obligations even though we were the ones who said yes to them in the first place. 

It's worth asking if things are necessary. Many of them are not, and a simple “no” will be more productive than whatever work the most efficient person can muster.

But if the benefits of saying no are so obvious, then why do we say yes so often?

• SinoM
    Options

You have got that one right

• SinoM
    Options

I think it can be called Dexter's Candy Crew

• SinoM
    Options

Caramel Candy is also a good name too

• Pounawea
    Pounawea Posts: 4,514 Community Manager
    Options

Dear community,

This contest is coming to an end soon! If you haven't shared here your suggestion for Dexter's 6th planet, don't forget to do today!

🗓 Dates: you have until Friday 18 September 06:00 EST to participate in this community contest.

Good luck everyone and happy crushing! 🍬🍬

• Gamelover2
    Gamelover2 Posts: 79 Level 2
    Options

Yummy planet

Because I wanna eat something yummy now. 🤣🤣🤣

• Saqqie
    Saqqie Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

Name should be "sweet craving" isle.

• Crazy Cat Lad
    Crazy Cat Lad Posts: 14,123 Community Manager
    Options

So yummy and sweet! All the suggestions for a new planet in Dexter's Space League.

It was a tough job to choose the three winners. It was so tough to choose only three so I've chosen FIVE winners instead. 😱

And the winners are....

Banana Split Planet by @sauren

Marshmallow Planet by @Blandine47

Tiramisú Planet by @Cagnes

Almond Truffle Planet by @Pitty_Kitty

Sundae Planet by @Nat09

You all have the 50 Gold Bars in your games already, except @Blandine47 . I couldn't find your game in our system. Could you please let me know your Game ID so I can credit you the Gold Bars as well? How to find your Game User ID on mobile devices and the Windows app check here and on Facebook like this

Congratulations to all winners and thanks all of you who participated, so many sweet and tasty names.

• SinoM
    Options

The ultimate productivity hack is saying no.

Not doing something will always be faster than doing it. This statement reminds me of the old computer programming saying, “Remember that there is no code faster than no code.” 

The same philosophy applies in other areas of life. For example, there is no meeting that goes faster than not having a meeting at all.

This is not to say you should never attend another meeting, but the truth is that we say yes to many things we don't actually want to do. There are many meetings held that don't need to be held. There is a lot of code written that could be deleted.

How often do people ask you to do something and you just reply, “Sure thing.” Three days later, you're overwhelmed by how much is on your to-do list. We become frustrated by our obligations even though we were the ones who said yes to them in the first place. 

It's worth asking if things are necessary. Many of them are not, and a simple “no” will be more productive than whatever work the most efficient person can muster.

But if the benefits of saying no are so obvious, then why do we say yes so often?

• Werner_Cichy
    Werner_Cichy Posts: 29,290 Crushing Legend
    Options

Congratulation !

Banana Split Planet by @sauren

Marshmallow Planet by @Blandine47

Tiramisú Planet by @Cagnes

Almond Truffle Planet by @Pitty_Kitty

Sundae Planet by @Nat09

This discussion has been closed.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?