Olivia's Flavour of the Day - Twinkly Thursday! Collect Stars

Options
Pounawea
Pounawea Posts: 4,514 Community Manager
edited September 2020 in Discussions

Dear Candy Crushers,

As announced HERE, Olivia is visiting some Candy Crushers around the world with her new event: Olivia's Flavour of the Day.

Help her collecting some ingredients and get a delicious reward!

Thursday is the day for... Thursday: Twinkly Thursday! Collect Stars.

NOTE: you can go back and play old levels as well and the new stars from completed levels will also count towards the challenge. 🙌

👉 How's the event going so far? How many Stars have you collected?

Good luck everyone and don't forget to share you progress with us! 🍬🍬

Comments

• Origins7_Dale
    Origins7_Dale Posts: 3,551 Pro Player 👑
    edited September 2020
    Options

Hi @Pounawea & @Crazy Cat Lad, @Werner_Cichy @Sukanta_Biswas @kiara_wael, @Yosca,

Well so far, not good news. If you have 3 Stars on the level already, & win "Sugar Stars", you get nothing.

• Have done a level, from 3 Stars to "Sugar Stars". 0 Stars rewarded!
    • Have done a level from 1 Star to 2 Stars. 0 Stars rewarded!

Seems this event, "Twinkly Thursday", wants only "20 New Level Stars"? So once again that leaves us, that are at the end of the "Saga" map, out of the running for rewards. 12 hours 43 mins left on timer. Have no "New Levels", so now what?

I'll keep trying, of course, not in my nature to quit. Don't expect much tho.

Also, have a "Double Piggy Bank" in my "Events". The buy bar is greyed out on one of them.

Very strange "New Level Release", this week.

Ok, finished it about a hour or so ago.

Guess I went to far down the map. Around the 700 level or so, started to get some stars. First, let me say this mini / side game is fine, if you are not at the end of the game. Just play your levels, the stars will come.

However, at the end of the game, you have to go back to previous levels to get your 20 stars.

Here are the problems:

• Most previous levels you replay for those stars, are levels you either didn't beat on the 1st attempt, or just did get by with a win.
    • They are mostly "Hard", "Super Hard", or "Nightmarishly Hard levels", etc...
    • This again means using "Boosters" to beat these levels.
    • Even if you just use the "Pre-Check Off Boosters", meaning those "Boosters" you check off before entering the level, it gets expensive or you end up using them on lower levels, instead of on the "Higher" levels.
    • Defeats, the entire purpose of playing these mini / side games, like "Twinkly Thursday". Because you are using your "Inventory" up on a level you have already beaten, instead of "Stocking Up" or conserving your "Inventory", for those "New Released Higher Levels", when they become available.
    • In other words, it is bad "Game Management". Another way to say this is, "It is not worth it".
    • Just look at the "Reward", on any mini / side game. What am I getting? What do I have to invest to get it?
    • On "Marvelous Monday" or "Tasty Tuesday" or "Wacky Wednesday" or this game "Twinkly Thursday", the "Reward" is the same. If you win, you get: "1 Color Bomb & the +Striped / Wrapped Candy Combo", listed in inventory as "Striped & Wrapped". That's it. Not worth getting out of bed, for it.
    • It is again, this lack of "Compensation" towards the player, especially those at the end of the game, or "Saga" map.
    • If you use or spend more than you win, then you are behind.
    • Mini / Side Games are for one primary purpose, to get "Stocked Up" for the main game. Everything else is secondary to that. Have fun, sure, but secondary. Be challenged, sure, but secondary.
    • If it wasn't for the fact, that I am on an excellent F5 Team, I wouldn't have even played this. Used the "Timed Boosters" from F5 Team winnings to do this "Twinkly Thursday". Had no more levels to play, had to use it somewhere, or just watch the clock tick down.
    • So a serious "Re-Evaluation" by King, should be done. Especially on the "Reward" side of these mini / side games.

A great mini / side game is at Candy Crush Soda Saga. It is called, "Kimmy's Arcade". Can't say enough good things about it. Whoever made it, should be CEO of King, or at the very least given a raise. Doesn't take long to play, & the "Rewards" are fantastic. Take a look at that, on how to reward players, should bring it over here to "Saga".

Until next time.

Cyas Origins7 Dale, 😀

My Player / User ID: 9815076088 

I only use "Win 10 Pro PC - Desktop App", for now. 

9/17/2020

• Bernadine
    Bernadine Posts: 125 Level 3
    Options

9/17/2020. I agree with @Origins7_Dale comment. Also it’s a terrible event, just like the Tiffi Beach contest.

• Bernadine
    Bernadine Posts: 125 Level 3
    Options

I also lost the Twinkly Thursday. Is it because I finished all 45 new levels yesterday when it was released?

• Deryck
    Deryck Posts: 1,121 Level 5
    edited September 2020
    Options

@Pounawea

Edit: never mind. Seems regular stars will do for this event as long as they're for new levels. I stand by my original opinion that the new score mechanism sucks though.

Edit 2: I collected 19 stars, and upon collecting the 20th, the event disappeared(!!).King owes me a lollipop hammer.

Furthermore, I won a 2-hour color bomb booster and 1-hour striped-wrapped from the Lucky Beanstalk event, but it only gave me 21 minutes for both.

I better get what I earned. 😡

• King_Neal
    King_Neal Posts: 1,584 Level 4
    Options

Hi @Pounawea,

I’ve been playing Olivia’s Flavour of the Day for the past week and have been enjoying it a lot, however I was playing new levels and was not at the end of the map. I finished collecting the 25 stars needed for the Twinkly Thursday treats and received the following rewards:

Fun event if not at the end of the map...

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?