Candy Crush Saga: changes in the score & points system

Comments

• Trojan
    Trojan Posts: 7 Level 2

I am one of the players who is stuck on level 5576 because of the change in the points system. Always enjoyed the challenge of playing the game and at one time kept playing the same levels just to increase my scores. Not any more, I simply try and pass the levels but this one is impossible so I have given up trying. Would someone please listen and fix this or do I have to stick to doing sudoku to keep my mind active?

• Svenjasoma
    Svenjasoma Posts: 13 Level 2

ich sitze fest beim Spiel 4936, es ist unmöglich es zu schaffen.

Man soll in 12 Zügen 590000 Punkte erhalten,das geht überhaupt nicht.

• Spieler_8675309
    Spieler_8675309 Posts: 4,308 Level 5
    edited October 2020

Zitat:

I'm stuck at 4936, impossible to make it through.

You should get 590,000 points in 12 moves, that's not possible at all.

Guten Abend, Spieler; translated your comment there, you're welcome.

Perhaps it is best that you do not try the level again until those tasked with maintaining the game actually do their jobs and remedy the issue, you can also monitor the situation and check on any updates in this topic (whenever that is).

Write your messages in English over here (where most of the action is), but click this for German.

Or to translate:

Schreiben Sie Ihre Nachrichten hier auf Englisch (wo der größte Teil der Aktion stattfindet), aber klicken Sie hier für Deutsch.

C'mon, King; straighten it out...

• Deryck
    Deryck Posts: 1,121 Level 5
    edited October 2020

@Pounawea That was @Evan_Lei's thread, of which I also participated to let you know what I thought of the latest change. We brought the color-bomb-on-candy-bomb issue to your attention on September 17 (though the change itself existed starting that week), and nothing's been done after 3 weeks now.

Is anyone at King doing anything useful besides making more cartoony graphics?

• Weezy
    Weezy Posts: 132 Level 3

At least a few people understand this BS! Stuck on 5114. Come on King!!!

• Svenjasoma
    Svenjasoma Posts: 13 Level 2

es ist komisch,ich weiß manchmal nicht wie ich meine Nachricht als Antwort senden kann,jetzt seh ich den utton antworten

• NamTruong2001
    NamTruong2001 Posts: 4,226 Level 5
    edited October 2020

Why it is 120, 240, 360, 480, 600...? Why not it actually is 60, 120, 180, 240, 300...?

And why do we only get 40 points when a striped candy is activated? Why is it not 60 like before?

Explain to me!

• Weezy
    Weezy Posts: 132 Level 3
    edited October 2020

I have been stuck on the same level for 6 days. Is this how its gonna be from now on? An answer would be the least they should do.

• Hi all. I don't want to go into a ton of details about how the scoring works because I want to see if you all discover how it works. That being said please let me know if there are any specific examples that you're confused about and please when you do ask start out by letting me know how you think it works now versus how you thought it worked before and then I will try my best to clarify. SO

@NamTruong2001 to your question about striped candies:

You earn 500 points for the crushing of the striped candy itself and then you get 40 points per candy or blocker hit in the line during the activation. Before you got 60 points for activating the striped candy and 60 points for every candy that was crushed in the line during the activation.

With a maximum board size of 9x9 you could have earned a maximum of 540 points if you hit all normal candies before but would have gotten 0 points for any blockers hit. Now you earn 500 points for crushing the striped candy and then 40 points times the 8 other candies you hit so you will earn a total of 820 points.

The reason we did this is because before there were all sorts of multipliers being added to normal candies depending on how they were crushed, there was a different value for normal candies then there was for candies crushed by being hit with a color bomb or a striped candy or a wrapped candy and there was no way to accurately predict how many points you would earn. Now we have simplified the whole system, if you crush a candy you get a set amount of points for doing so regardless of how you do it. If it's a special candy it depends on the candy but normal candies always give 40 points.

We also increased the amount of points earned when you complete the level and trigger a sugar crush to ensure that beating a level earlier is incentivized instead of penalized. We saw some of our more hardcore score fans trying to actively not complete a level's objectives so that they could earn more score. We didn't want that, we want to always incentivize players to complete the level early and not punish them for doing so.

I hope that makes some of the reasoning behind the change a bit clearer.

Also we are actively looking into every level that you folks are highlighting, please keep raising any score levels that you are stuck on here so that we can have all of the information in one place.

• NamTruong2001
    NamTruong2001 Posts: 4,226 Level 5

@CandyCrushinator how about candy bomb? Why is it only 600 points instead of 3000?

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?