Feedback on levels 9396-9440!

Options

Comments

• Albert_Heinrich
    Albert_Heinrich Posts: 2,617 Level 4
    Options

I was not aware that Samantha the frog can hold more than 1 charge. I found it out recently. I fed her, but did not set her off immediately. After a few moves I set her off and she still had a charge in her. I completely forgot to ask in this forum until it happened again yesterday.

Was it always like that and I just missed it, or does it only happen in certain levels.

@Peter_Tornaros, you're the expert.

• Johnny_Crush
    Johnny_Crush Posts: 309 Level 3
    Options
  • Albert_Heinrich
    Albert_Heinrich Posts: 2,617 Level 4
    edited May 2021
    Options

@Johnny_Crush, this was in reference to Level 9424, which for me was a nightmare of a level. Wasted quite a few IGB's on it as well as 10 GB's for 5 extra lives.

Make no mistake, level 9397 was not easy. I passed it with 1 move left and my notes refer to it as Very Poor - Too many Toffee Swirls and also used 3 IGB's.

The intention was never to say the struggle with level 4397 was not real. If memory serves me correctly, I was lucky to get rid of the AS's almost midway through the level and could concentrate on removing those toffee swirls.

Did you manage to pass it first time.

BTW, I also noted it as poor in my very first comment

• Tzvi_Marcu
    Tzvi_Marcu Posts: 2,554 Level 5
    Options

@LindQ I finished the 45 levels yesterday. Level 9397 needs to be looked up. Wasted so many booster . Can someone look at it?

• Michael-6
    Michael-6 Posts: 987 Level 3
    edited May 2021
    Options

I noticed that too and always assumed that it was a mistake from the game, but if this is indeed the case ,it makes the frog even more useful, as you can double charge it, use it to clear some blockers in remote part of the board, and then immediately move it somewhere else to recharge it with candies.

I'm trying to think though if the times it has occurred are when i've moved the frog to beside a colour bomb bonbon blitz... perhaps that might be why it happens?

• Johnny_Crush
    Johnny_Crush Posts: 309 Level 3
    edited May 2021
    Options

"I'm trying to think though if the times it has occurred are when i've moved the frog to beside a colour bomb bonbon blitz... perhaps that might be why it happens?"

@Michael-6 when you move the frog next to a bonbon blitz that has a colour bomb in it, the said colour bomb will clear the most numerous colour from the board and sometimes it happens to be the frog's colour. If so, the frog will be full again after just 1 move because of that and not because there might be some "double" charge.

So, your hunch was right.

• Alienscar
    Alienscar Posts: 13,777 Legend
    Options

I am not at the level you people are playing at, but I have found that generally when I move a fully charged frog onto a wrapped or striped candy that I can usually then use it again immediately.

• Peter_Tornaros
    Peter_Tornaros Posts: 1,992 Level 5
    Options

@Albert_Heinrich I noticed the same thing with Samantha. I put it down to setting her off near a speckled bomb, wrapped candy, etc. Maybe there is another reason or it is a new "innovation". Can you shed some light on the "super powers" of Samantha @LindQ

• John_58011
    John_58011 Posts: 211 Level 3
    Options

Almost done. Will do the final level tomorrow for a sticker (Daily Win event). Had 10 moves less in first episode for some reason. Had to recharge my tablet after 9412, so maybe it updated. But thinks when new levels are ready and released, the app has already updated, so unsure of this glitch.

Q 1 answer : first episode the hardest, already commented earlier on in this thread. Three very hard levels in the first six of release, in fact were lottery levels, no scope for skill and strategy.

Q2 Answer : The obvious one of 9397, needs to be done differently, as if to not require about 5 gloves to clear the path for the Rapids. A fix was promised since I cleared the level, and might be better now than it was. And 9432, easy to get a cherry in the bottom corner. One cherry got trapped there. I got gloves, but will be a problem for players whom got none in their inventory, as no candy switch available to take the cherry. Finally 9400, needs a special candy cannon somewhere in the level to help clear the jellies in the lower board. The only cannons spawn blockers, the Toffee Swirl ones the worst.

Q3 Answer : 9411. Not the easiest level but the most enjoyable and challenging one. Magic Mixers produce striped candy Bon Bon Blitz and you got to think every move. I had one move to spare only to clear the last cherry. Might be harder if 10 moves are taken off ready for Facebook and mobile.

After a rough start, been a walk in the park since the first half 1st episode. No further lottery levels. Plenty of moves once I had the generous allocation, to plan strategy and minimise IGB, and not have to try for a CB X 2 early on. 9324 not a problem, I got Lucky Candy to help taking the number of Toffee Swirls tasked, only one LH to bring the last cherries down within the moves. Quite a good release overall.

• ycontrol
    ycontrol Posts: 11 Level 2
    Options

Pretty cheeky of you to ask that on the week you release one of the most badly-designed levels ever, 9397. I am this close to deleting the app and never playing ever again!

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?