Episode Race definitely fixed

Options

Comments

• Kerrie
    Kerrie Posts: 2,287 Level 4
    Options

Yes players go very fast until last few spaces then sometimes sit for a day @Carol-38. Maybe it's the entire time it took to run the race and they sit them at the end untill their time is up.🀷 Just a thought.

Good luck!πŸ€žπŸ™

• Carol-38
    Carol-38 Posts: 10,981 Level 5
    Options

Well @Alienscar @Peter_Tornaros @Kerrie how do we explain this. At least it was fixed in my favour. Hopefully I haven't done my legs in and I get another Episode Race.

• Peter_Tornaros
    Peter_Tornaros Posts: 2,009 Level 5
    Options

@Carol-38 I can't explain it. As I said previously, I have not had the Episode Race in any form for nearly a year. I have never seen the Episode Race in the form depicted in your screenshot ??

• Kerrie
    Kerrie Posts: 2,287 Level 4
    Options

@Carol-38 I think they use the total time it took them to finish the race. Players always start out fast but slow way down at the end. I know by how they are lined up makes me try to go faster.

Ha ha ha...I never read the information on it and thought it was live for a loooong time.🀦

• Alienscar
    Alienscar Posts: 14,542 Legend
    Options

Sorry @Carol-38 explain what? Do you mean explain how you won, or are you asking about the Champions Race?

You say I'm really playing against a record of how other players have compelted the episode.

Well I say that because that is what the game tells us.

Well I have won a few in the past that took me 2 days so I couldn't have been competing against the windows 10 players.

Well that is the thing Carol when you say you have played for two days do you mean you have played for 48 hours, or do you mean you played over two days but only played the game for three hours a day.

From what I gather it is only the time you actually spend with your game open that counts towards the Race.

I couldn't have been competing against the windows 10 players.

I would hazard a guess that due to where you are on the map you must be playing against Windows 10 players. There are very few players at the end of the map, so I would imagine the Episode Race hasn't got a large record base to choose from.

• Doondie
    Doondie Posts: 1,255 Level 5
    Options

@Alienscar It's gotta be calendar time between first and last levels. Pretty sure I will be last if I do only 1 level, then don't play for, say, 5 days.

People often stop at harder levels. You can click on their avatar and see what level they have passed. If they run out of lives or boosters, they take breaks etc. That's why I don't think it's only time spent playing.

• Carol-38
    edited November 2022
    Options

It was really a 'tongue in cheek' comment @Alienscar Would have been better if I'd put 'well who would have believed it'. I tagged you, Peter and Kerrie purely because you had all replied to my discussion, wasn't really expecting replies, just letting you all know the outcome.

I still say I couldn't be competing against the Windows 10 players. I have seen in feedback how quick they can complete a level. Believe me the way levels are changed for mobile players and if you don't buy lives, gold etc, which I don't, there is no way I could compete with their times.

My main gripe was how the 1st player was shown to be on the penultimate level within 50 minutes then stayed there from 10.30am Thursday morning and was still there at 5pm Saturday afternoon. That is obviously a ploy to get the 'real player' to go faster, and as things are now with life limits and impossible levels, to pay.

I guess I just get more fed up with it because of the way levels are now. A lot of them absolutely impossible to pass without a lot of extra moves and/or boosters. The fun and strategy removed which is such a shame. Never mind it is as it is at the moment and we either stick with it or stop. I'll stick with it for now and hope King start listening to players.

I can’t see what levels players have passed @Doondie by clicking on their avatar, must be a specific way of doing it.

• Doondie
    Doondie Posts: 1,255 Level 5
    Options

You just click on everyone's avatar and their level appears for 2 sec like so:

No idea if there's a difference in the iOS and Windows versions.

• Carol-38
    Options

Thanks@Doondie I was looking at something different not the Champions Race. If I ever get it I'll have a quick click to see if it works for me.

• Carol-38
    Options

Hi @Kerrie how did you get your 11000 banner? I went back and played it to see if mine updated but it didn't. Did you get yours just from playing the level?

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?