Now look, before I give you my honest observation on what I think is happening. I've based this on there "experimental testing" phase that they have only given to a certain percentage of players. Again, I may be wrong, but it seems all too coincidental.
I understand this is a free game and that they need to make money for the game itself to continue to be free, but the fact is that this is a business, an extremely lucrative business. I'm a new player, I never play mobile games, ever, but this one truly is addictive. I got adds just like everyone when I ran out of turns, I too watched them to complete levels, nothing out of the ordinary, at around level 300 for the first time I decided to buy some gold bars to pay for extra turns, also normal, what happened after though was odd. As soon as I gave into the temptation of purchasing gold bars I no longer got adds to receive free boosters, at all, ever. Now I'm sure when they say experimental testing they're not lying, but what I'd like to know is exactly what are they testing? Are they seeing what percentage of people continue paying for online pixels to help them complete the levels because they can no longer depend on adds for it, or if people revert back to original game play of not buying anything and allowing the coding of the game to beat them 9/10 times (which without boosters or extra moves it does). Again, they need to make money, but this experimental "guinea pig" stuff they're doing is in my opinion a test to understand how the human brain works and to see if they can break you into non manipulative but manipulative way into making online purchases as that's there bread and butter.
Open for conversation as I could be wrong, but also, not saying that this is the case, just my opinion/observation. Thoughts?
Regards, Truth.