Good bye

christinewupp
christinewupp Posts: 5,170 Level 5

I just did the update and now the screen flips to portrait mode, for the first time ever. I read that King have stopped the option of playing in landscape mode on the iPad. My stand is the keyboard and only works in landscape orientation. That is the end of me playing then, unless they bring it back. And just when I was actually getting the fun back into my game after the long slog of the levels in the upper 13,000s I had started over again and was really enjoying it. I got to level 681 with hundreds of gold bars, winning every episode race. It could be fun again, I thought.

But I can't enjoy portrait mode, that is not fun nor relaxing. So I am forced to quit at this point.

Comments

• christinewupp

I note that the discussion about orientation has been closed and the moderators have been instructed to refer any further complaints to this now closed thread. (Which is why I chose a different title)

I would like to add that it isn't that I am going off in a huff. It is PHYSICALLY impossible for me to play this game on an upright iPad, it causes too much strain, even if I did rest the tablet down somehow. The movement needed to swipe is over a larger distance than on a phone or landscape tablet. I have a chess game and a word puzzle that only use upright orientation and I can just about put up with that because those involve a lot of looking and thinking rather than swiping. But Candy Crush is different, it is repetitive swiping. I really don't think this can be done on an upright tablet. King have gone to great lengths to stop players playing the game, with impossible levels and timed only boosters, but to make it impossible to play on a tablet, now that really tops it.

• Alienscar
    Alienscar Posts: 12,874 Legend
    edited May 2023

It is a real shame @christinewupp that you are giving up because of the orientation issue. Struggling as you and so many other players do at the end of the map it is a real shame that something as innocuous as the orientation of your device is what makes you give up.

For me I am the opposite. I only play CCS on my 10" Xperia tablet and I only use it in portrait mode. I really don't like the look of the game in landscape.

• christinewupp

I agree the screen looks better in portrait mode, but I find it unplayable. Maybe you could share with me how you do it? How do you rest your tablet to be able to swipe comfortably? I don't really want to give up, though obviously I won't be able to play sitting in a chair at my kitchen table.

• Alienscar
    Alienscar Posts: 12,874 Legend

I am not sure what to tell you @christinewupp. I just rest my tablet on my lap in a portrait orientation and that is what I mostly do. Sometimes I rest one of the short edges on my lap and hold the top right corner.

My tablet has a leather cover on it, so I don't know if that makes a difference.

Also I tend not to play for too long. If you are a player that spends more than an hour playing before stopping then I guess holding your tablet in any orientation would be quite difficult.

• Carol-38
    Carol-38 Posts: 10,869 Level 5

Hi @christinewupp I mirror @Alienscar exactly. And sometimes I cup the bottom right hand corner in my hand. I never played in landscape, couldn't get on with it, but we're all different. Don't give up, that would be a shame.

I'm guessing you're left handed like me Alienscar, or you play with your toes.

• MaryOR
    MaryOR Posts: 5 Level 2

Unfortunately you are not alone. It is becoming quite clear that the developers concern is not the users. I have stopped purchasing anything and will likely quit playing when my gold bars are gone. All of the recent changes have removed the fun from the game. It has now been almost 3 weeks since these changes were enacted, hundreds of negative reviews, but no update to reverse any of these missteps.

• christinewupp

Thank you all for your feedback and advice. 🖖

• CatJ
    CatJ Posts: 103 Level 2

I'm part of the 'goodbye' gang, too. I can't play without navigating vertically every few moves because the whole playing field no longer appears. You can only see a portion of it, so it's lots of arrowing up and down. Add to that the irritation of not being able to opt out of the Candy Royale pop-ups and it's no longer fun to play. Byeeeeeee....

• am092155
    am092155 Posts: 23 Level 2

I agree. No fun anymore, no gold bars, no extra help as no bonuses either. My gold bars are gone. I will be too, soon.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?