Season pass

Options
sukiginger
sukiginger Posts: 26 Pro Player 👑

Hello I'm very disappointed that my season pass has gone from £2.49 to £10.99 to purchase the gold pass. I realise there are a lot more prizes but come on that is a massive rise. Times are hard Candy Crush for us players. Have a little compassion.

Comments

• Alienscar
    Alienscar Posts: 15,094 Legend
    Options

You aren't the only person to be complaining about this change @sukiginger

It seems that King believe that once you have paid for something that it means you will pay more for a bigger version of Season Pass.

• Arrowflinger
    Arrowflinger Posts: 322 Level 3
    Options

It was £13.99 for the gold pass in my game. I don't know why there are different prices for it.

• christinewupp
    christinewupp Posts: 7,096 Legend
    Options

I am curious about the different versions of the Season Pass. I have just seen a version on someone's screenshot that goes over 23 days? I have a 12 day version where the gold path would cost just £3.99 for 20 tiers with two party boosters and lots of other goodies as reward. This is at beginner level, I was offered this somewhere between levels 100-200 on a new login. In my other game at levels 600-700 I was offered the old 10 tier version, for £1.99. King are clearly penalising those players at the top @Arrowflinger. What a difference in price! I have paused playing my main game in the 13,000s so I don't know what they would offer me there. How many versions of this event are there?

• Alienscar
    Alienscar Posts: 15,094 Legend
    Options

I don't think they are penalising players at the top @christinewupp I think they are penalising people that have previously paid for a Gold Pass. That is, if you have previously paid for the ten tier version you are then 'penalised' by only being offered a bigger, better and more expensive version of the Season Pass.

In many ways it is the same reasoning King uses to remove people's adverts features once they have bought anything for their game.

• Arrowflinger
    edited May 2023
    Options

When i originally had the gold pass ( I think it was last year) it cost £2.99 to unlock. When it come back around a montb ago it cost £5.99 for the ten tier version, now its a 20 tier version that costs £13.99 to unlock. It does have 3 ufo's, 2 party boosters a couple of hours of unlimited life's & the usual starting boosters plus colour bombs, fish, hammers, coconut wheels & hand switches. I'm pretty sure that there was at one time a party booster on the free side which hasn't been there since they brought season pass back.

I used to get a beginner bundle for £2.99 which included 20 gold bars, ufo's & an hours worth of starting boosters. I haven't seen that in a long time. I think the offers are tailor made to your buying history, I once purchased one of the offers (the 400 gold bar one) for reaching the star symbol that appears after every 5 episodes, now it doesn't offer me the cheaper options of 100 or 200 gold bars. It does seem that you get better offers to tempt you if you don't buy anything from the shop.

• sukiginger
    edited May 2023
    Options

Just had a look and mine has 40 tiers. Used to treat myself on a Saturday and buy the gold pass but no more!

• christinewupp
    christinewupp Posts: 7,096 Legend
    Options

40, wow! How long does that one run for @sukiginger ? King are clearly doing one of their "tests" to see which of those many versions make the most money. @Alienscar I used to spend £1.99 occasionally on offers like the gold pass and they never increased the price for me, it's as if they knew I'd never pay more than that ever, so that is what they kept offering me. But since the All Stars fiasco I have pledged to never give them another penny. I fear all this may be sign that King will take away the free side of the Season Pass altogether, like they have got rid of all the other free boosters and replaced them by timed. By the way, they have also stopped giving out the three free UFOs and free party popper to new players this week, for the first time. They must have read John's posts of how he got to the final without ever spending any money and try to close all the doors to that sort of thing ever happening again. So I'm busy stacking up on free boosters while I can. I can get by without party poppers, for now.

• sukiginger
    Options

It's on 23 days at the moment but I'm on tier 17 so it might have been more at the start.

• Arrowflinger
    Options

That's very mean spirited of King to take away the free ufo & party boosters for new players. Slowly but surely king are taking away all ways of winning ufo and party boosters. I've lost Sam's streak from my game and one of the segments of the gold part of the chocolate box requires new levels to be passed, golden crowns, party boosters or ufo to be used to complete that part which is no good if waiting for new levels. Since king no longer give out boosters for reaching any milestone level after 10000 the only way to get ufo or party boosters is to buy them.

• CherylTeoh
    CherylTeoh Posts: 307 Level 3
    Options

Haven't come across any Season Pass in any of our accounts : Grandma, Grandpa (both above level 14000) and mine (level 5000)

Interestingly, we do have different offers in the Shop.

Grandma's is the best offer:

This is Grandpa's, costing more but with less goodies:

As for me, these are the best deals offered:

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?