Here's to 12 years of dragons in this game!

Options
snakegore999
snakegore999 Posts: 517 Level 3

Today in Candy Crush history marks 12 whole years since the game introduced its first dragon character in its third episode, Lemonade Lake. And I've got some cool fan art to celebrate this flashback.

Yes, this is a re-enactment of the beginning of the Lemonade Lake episode scenario, where Tiffi's travels south takes her to the titular lake, south of the Chocolate Mountains, home of Mr. Yeti. There, she meets an enormous, serpentine Eastern dragon sitting in a puddle of lemonade on the lake bed, sad that his lake is nearly empty and the spigot that dispenses it had broken down.

We all know how the story goes. After players finish all 15 levels in this episode, Tiffi hops up the steps of the big rock the pipe is mounted to and fixes the broken spigot so that it can dispense lemonade once again to fill up the lake, to the beast's joy. He is grateful for this little girl's help and looks forward to seeing her soon. And he does attend her surprise birthday party in the Sweet Surprise episode, released in late October of 2012.

The game initially established that the dragon was male and couldn't breathe fire, then retconned him to be Denize, who could breathe fire, since the Fudge Islands episode released April 2013. After she had children (Didi and Gummi Dragons), I thought up of an alternate continuity where the original male dragon and Denize coexisted as a happily married couple so that they could raise children, and several of my fan art builds upon this continuity. With no names to go by, I simply called the male dragon Mr. Dragon, just like Mr. Yeti.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?