The curse of hindsight

Options
christinewupp
christinewupp Posts: 6,079 Level 5

Anyone up for time travel? Take us back to the beginning of the event…..

Here is my thought experiment: What should I have played differently?

Comments

• christinewupp
    Options

(Ah, they have allowed this post so I can continue. )

Round 1:

I'd have probably done the same that I did: Play a bit, have fun, join a day or two into the round and test what hourly score of purple candies I can achieve on each of my test games. But I would have kept all four, not tested out how to kick out a cheater using one of them. That was a mistake. I needed four test games later on.

Round 2:

I'd have played the same as in round 1 but maybe joined a bit later, with two days to go.

Round 3: I'd have joined within the last 24 hours with all four test games and so got an easy group I could have won playing one or two episodes in each game

Round 4:

I would have used one test game to check out how many players were on the leaderboards and waited with the other three to start playing 24 hours from the end of the round, might have got all three into the next round with that strategy

Round 5:

This is the one I didn't get into because I messed up in round 4. Assuming I had used the above strategy which would in all likelihood have got two or three of my test games into round 5 easily, I would have played one player ID early on to test the number of players on each leaderboard and check if players are unchanged and limited to 50 on each leaderboard. Then abandon that one. Start playing halfway through the playing time with the other player ID. Crush away and see if I get an easier group. If I fail on that I'd have tried joining close to the end with my third game.

I might have got into the final 10 leaderboards with that strategy….

And if I had got to the final 10 leaderboards I'd have spent 24 hours crushing non-stop and knowing that I could have achieved a score comparable to last year's winners. (I mean the players that King actually picked to invite to go to London, not the ones that topped the leaderboards)

So could I have won All Stars….?

Ah, hindsight is such a beautiful thing.

But of course, I wouldn't have done anything different this year due to the timing of this event and why would I want to go to LA? I don't.

But 2025 maybe….

• christinewupp
    Options

Well, so what to do with my test games now? They will be of no use for next year and I will have to start new ones.

It is a shame as Sunflower on the iPhone6 was within reach with easy opponents but I just didn't have the hours to put in to catch up. This is my final board. I will quit now after losing my impressive champions race win streak.

I could have beaten the winning score had I had a few hours to spare. Shame.

So that will be the end of my test. How far can an honest player get? Answer: I don't really know. Got to level 6711 with 540 gold. I might have got to level 10,000 with a bit more patience, but he old iPhone is just not fit to be played on any more and I'm bored with the game. So it's good-bye Sunflower. Thanks to all my friends in the game but I will now unfriend everyone so you won't waste sending this game lives any more.

I'll keep logging in to my other game and keep going with my iPad game.

• Pyrolight
    Pyrolight Posts: 850 Level 3
    Options

I am very curious to see what the numbers for the final 10 are like this year. I have a feeling they will be higher this time around.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?