Anyone Know How Lives Requests Actually Work?

Options
Alienscar
Alienscar Posts: 14,538 Legend
edited May 15 in Discussions

The other week I didn't open my Candy Crush game for four days. When I did open my game I noticed that I only had 22 life requests.

I thought this was unusual because normally I receive 17-23 life requests each and every time I open my game and then additional requests whilst I am playing.

That is, after not opening my game in four days I expected to see at least 40 odd life requests.

Some of the people in my friends list send multiple requests every day and yet after not opening my game for four days no one had sent more than one request.

As 2+2 = 4 it would seem logical then that based on what occurred in my game when someone sends a life request it doesn't matter how many more requests they send only one request will be received by the person they are requesting a life from unless the first request is accepted.

What does everyone think? I am right or have I missed something obvious.

@Oichi @christinewupp @PyroIllumination @Rhonda_L @Carol-38 @MannyFae @cookiemae

Comments

• Carol-38
    Carol-38 Posts: 10,979 Level 5
    Options

I haven't got a clue on what goes on with lives anymore @Alienscar I have many friends in my friends list who send thousands a week but I never receive any from them. I send all in my list lives every day and I'm sure they are sending them back, but being as I can't contact them I will never know if they are sending to me. I only receive the odd request for a life so sorry I just don't know what's going on.

• MannyFae
    MannyFae Posts: 365 Level 4
    Options

When some one sends a life request it doesn't matter how many more requests they send only one request will be received by the person they are requesting a life from unless the first request is accepted.

You are most likely right, @Alienscar

I had suspicions about this. I don't think I have ever seen two requests at once from the same person in my inbox.

It makes no sense to request lives from all friends dozens of times a day, as many people do, then.

• Alienscar
    Options

I haven't got a clue on what goes on with lives anymore

Same here @Carol-38

I will never know if they are sending to me. 

I often wonder about all the lives I send and how many actually get received.

I don't think I have ever seen two requests at once from the same person in my inbox.

That is a very good point @MannyFae I don't think I have seen multiple life requests from the same person in my Inbox either. I get multiple requests from the same people whilst I am playing and accepting though.

• Carol-38
    Carol-38 Posts: 10,979 Level 5
    Options

Thinking about it @Alienscar, I have had times when I've opened my game and someone has requested a life which I send. Then when I open my friends list to send lives, when I get to that player it shows that I've already sent a life so can't send them another. So it would seem right that another request couldn't be sent until the previous one had been given.

• Oichi
    Oichi Posts: 103 Level 2
    Options

I noticed i never have more then 1 request from the same person. Before I used to though, so they might have patched it out so you can only accept 1 life request at a time.

Receiving lives on the other hand, I received multiple lives from you @Alienscar.

• Alienscar
    Options

It is good to know that you receive the lives I send @Oichi Have you got 200 lives saved?

• Oichi
    edited May 15
    Options

Well this is embrassing… but since i was forced to update, all of my stored lives were lost. Classic candy crush move.

Don’t worry about sending me lives anymore though, I’m gonna be hardly playing now. Every day i am gonna check to see if they remove the forced update check but we all know that is not gonna happen.

So basically im gonna be switching between the latest version to play sometimes and check if my favorite version is playable again.

So lives sent to me are just gonna get removed i’m afraid. I lost alot of motivation to play candy crush now.

I used alot of the lives you sent me though.

• Alienscar
    Options

That is odd @Oichi we don't normally lose our saved items when the app just gets updated to a new version.

It is not something I have used and I don't know if it will help you at all, but if you use android have a look at the uptodown website and APKMirror.

Every day i am gonna check to see if they remove the forced update check but we all know that is not gonna happen.

I agree it does seem unlikely, but it doesn't feel right that they are stopping some people from playing their game just because they have older devices.

• Oichi
    Options

I play on multiple devices! but the device i usually play on is android, yeah. That’s how i got a older version by downloading a APK. My device actually can play the latest version but i really miss the old sound effects and music, and landscape. I can’t enjoy the game when the screen is so small.

The reason i lost my stored lives is because i tried re installing the game to see if the message would go away but it didn’t. So it was my fault but i still have some of your lives on my 2 other devices. I didn’t lose all of them. Lives i get on my android will be useless since im gonna be switching between the 2 versions. unlike updating, downgrading you have to lose your stored items.

• Alienscar
    Options

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?