Where are all the top level players in the music tournament?

Comments

• christinewupp
    christinewupp Posts: 8,549 Legend
    edited September 23

So thanks to you all I gathered 72 players for data (I dismissed the "me" players including Peaches as well)

These were my calculations:

Out of 72 fellow players showing up on any of our leaderboards : 

40 (55.5%) were at levels 0-2000

9 (12.5%) were at levels 2000-4000

11 (15%) were at levels 4000-6000

4 (6%) were at levels 6000-8000

3 (4%) were at levels 8000-10,000

3 (4%) were at levels 10,000-12,000

2 (3%) were at levels 12,000-13,000

0 (none) were at levels 13,000 and above

It seems therefore a fair question: Where are all the top level players?

Only 7% of players were even above level 10,000. Have they all quit? Have King thrown them all out for cheating?

I'd be happy for us all to repost in the next round. After all half of all participants will go through to the next round, so that should not change the mix very much, should still be pretty representative.

Did the game allow you into the next round @MannyFae or did the event disappear?

• MannyFae
    MannyFae Posts: 554 Level 4

No, it didn't disappear and allowed me to win as no one in my group was eager to play. Right now is shows 3 days until the next round. Is this normal? In any case, the event appears to be messed up in my game as I received a pop-up urging me to play Qualifiers 2 (!?) during the warm-up event, even before the main event started. I'm not sure what to do if it doesn't disappear, to be honest.

I'm surprised by the number of players below level 2,000 in the first round. My group consisted mainly of newbies. I wonder, are there really that many of them in game or is it the result of a tournament marketing campaign?

The absence of top level players is a bit strange too. I've been thinking what might be the cause, and I wish we knew how many top level players are in the game to begin with. It's possible that there are just very few of them. I think the proportion of top level players in this community might be much higher than in the game. I remember when I first joined this community, there was a poll conducted about the levels of members, and the results showed that the community was dominated by those on higher levels. This could lead to the impression that there are more high level players in the game than there really are. Despite this, the absence of players above 12,000 is still suspicious.

• Alienscar
    Alienscar Posts: 16,066 Legend

According to King only 0.5% of the player base are at the end of the map. That is still a lot of players. I wonder if the absence of players near to the end of the map is due to the many complaints from people that the game is too hard to enable people at the higher numbered levels to compete in Events.

Highly unlikely I know, but maybe King has listened to these complaints and limited the number of players from near the end of the map based on their game play.

• christinewupp

I'd just carry on and play @MannyFae If nothing else it will allow you to gather data for the next round…. Yes, that is what I get now in all three of my games, the countdown clock to the next round in three days time.

I will try and join really late in one of my games. Maybe that way I might encounter a few more top players. They might all know that this is the only way they would stand a chance. Or maybe they are all hiding in the newbies group, if they are wise enough they would have started a new unsaved game to log into their account with later. Surely anyone at the top of the map would know this, because believe me, without either some tricks or stacks of gold bars you will not get much past level 15,000 at the moment. So you might be right @Alienscar maybe they know better.

I made it with my end of map game, by the way. With a pretty unimpressive score which allowed me to win by playing the 45 new levels I had added this week.

I joined with 45 hours left on the clock in that round.

• rebelchild
    rebelchild Posts: 16,937 Level 5
    edited September 23

Hi @christinewupp I saw this too late to be able to give you the stats of other players in my leaderboard. I did make it to the next round. I still have the event as of right now. I play in USA and am close to level 5000. Hope this helps

• MannyFae

According to King only 0.5% of the player base are at the end of the map.

Very interesting. That's 1 out of 200 players. It's understandable that we don't have one in our sample group of 72 players. Actually, we do have Christine, but all players gathering statistics were excluded.

Great performance at the top of the map game, Christine. That makes 62k orange candies per episode. I only managed 54k per episode, well, actually even less, because of several Chocolate boxes filled using old levels. Where did all the orange candies go at my level range?

• tchautchau
    tchautchau Posts: 3 Newbie

Pra chegar na final e tentar ser um dos 10 primeiros ou 10 segundos precisa retroceder e começar tudo de novo pois o jogo e coletar doces musicais. Não vai ser fácil. Pois tem muitas gente querendo o prêmio. ..

Ganhado ou não. Pra vencer uma final na sua tabela e ser o primeiro tem que gasta muito dinheiro. pois eles dificulta muito quando si chega na final não importa onde vc esteja na classificação.. mesmo começando tudo dinovo vc sempre vai ter que chegar nos níveis a cima de 2000 pois e lá que começa a dificuldade que a king começa fazer pra que o custo seja capitalizado. Pois nada vem de graça 😝 😝 😝 😝 😝 já participo dês do primeiro evento king. Mais estou aqui e continuo pois mim divirto muito e amo esse jogo. Mais eu gasto com moderação só por diversão 🥰🥰🥰

• christinewupp
    edited September 23

I'm not sure I follow that @MannyFae . I am also not sure what exactly is meant by "0.5% of the player base are at the end of the map". Does this mean the rainbow end and the last level? Or the upper reaches generally? I wonder if that statement is old or out of date now, because that seems quite a lot to me, given that so many have undoubtedly dropped out over the past two years since King made the end of the map impossible to reach. I'm not at all surprised that there aren't any players at the end of the map in my sample. But there is no one above level 13,000! That is 4500 levels away from the end of the map. Where are all those players?

I did also have some levels without orange candies in those three episodes I was playing, and most levels had lots of colours so yielding less. I don't think any of the higher levels are suitable for competing in these leaderboard competitions. I can't recall having encountered a single level with no orange candies in the levels up to 4000.

• Deryck
    Deryck Posts: 1,281 Level 5

Brief update, @christinewupp: I resumed access to the device of my SS game, and not surprisingly I didn't make #1, but I did advance to next rounds, which should suit your research.

I think I accidentally clicked something where King forces name suggestions on players because at one point I saw I was named "Brie" in the board. Tried to make the name blank again, but it wouldn't save, so I settled on MelonDuck. 🍈🦆

Of this game, the board consists of:

1 US - 189

2 UK - 3340

3 Me (US) - 315

4 Germany - 11950

5 Brazil - 4120

6 India - 2401

7 Spain - 2112

8 US - 224

9 Germany - 5005

10 US- 2272

Friend requests sent to all, of which 5 and 6 accepted. (only mentioning this detail since some players have a perception they're playing against bot accounts)

What strikes me is the #1 leader being at a relatively low level, yet making that much orange candy. I didn't screenshot in time and now the leaderboard disappeared, but when I clicked "Sydney," it showed all 188 levels were played in the Last 7 days.

• MannyFae

This is the data @Alienscar mentioned, I guess this means the rainbow end. This is the first time I have seen any data on this. Maybe it's outdated, and it seems like a lot of players to me too. Agree, this doesn't explain the absence of players above 13,000.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?