Chat about Candy Crush Saga, share thoughts, news, or anything sweet!
Support - Stuck or having an issue? Ask a question and get help from other players!
Enter for a chance to win Gold Bars and sweet in-game rewards in Candy Crush Saga!
This is your chill zone! Talk about anything that’s not Candy-related with other Candy players!.
Have a sweet suggestion? Share your ideas to help improve Candy Crush Saga.
Why do I only have 17 moves in this level when every video I've seen online is either 42 or 35? Since when do you cut the moves in half?
Sign in or register to leave a comment and join the conversation.
Hello @Kcarrick52 King have been experimenting with the upper levels in the past few weeks since the new fish boosters were introduced. Many levels have had their moves reduced and the boards changed in order to incorporate the new fish mechanics. This does affect all players, so you are not alone. This is my board:
I note the most recent board on YouTube is slightly different, so it's not just the moves that were changed:
In fact a layer of marmalade was added as well. I'll have a go and play the level to see how close I can get to finishing with the 17 moves version. Will report back here later.
I have played the level now and note that the major reason why so many moves have been removed is that this level now only has four colours. Therefore we are so much more likely to get lucky chances to make combos of special candies than the players posting on YouTube.
In fact I passed this level in just 14 moves on my 9th attempt. I was given timed colour bombs from the daily treat machine and timed wrap/stripe and fish from the fishing boat after failing five times.
Here is my lucky board:
So many choices of great moves:
Which one to choose? I went for the colour bomb+fish combo.
And again a choice of winning moves here. All done with three moves left. Take your pick: wrap/stripe combo, colour bomb to blue, double fish combo….
The game has become very predictable. I had another level recently which I passed easily on my 9th attempt.