To be honest, I quit playing about a year ago. I mostly use my phone to play and then got a new phone. Unfortunately, Candy Crush didn't transfer with it even though I tried to recover my account from the old phone. So I had to start over and as far as I got in the game and as much money as I spent on gold bars and such, when I ran out of gold bars and lives I just quit. Then, a few weeks ago I started back and saw the ad support and figured I'd try again as long as I didn't have to buy anything. The game was fun again so i got addicted to playing. Then, the ad support just disappeared and it was back to running out of gold bars and having to pay again which I don't like doing since I basically had to start all over again. How exactly does this work to get ad supported extra lives and gold bars as I'm not paying again but I don't mind playing and watching the ads if that makes you money.