Edit August 2026: I have this to add to this thread:
I am just bringing this thread back to the front page because there has been some confusion about this level in the context of other levels that have recently been broken by the app when reducing moves to 15.
This level is NOT broken. It is part of what I call "training" levels: those levels pre level 200, at which point the win streak with all its benefits (booster bags, super charger) appear in the game, which help new players learn the rules of Candy Crush.
These first 200 levels have remained unchanged for a very long time and seem to work to train new players on these skills:
- How the special candies form and what combinations of special candies do
- How to use the boosters the game offers
- How to replay a level you fail might make it easier to pass
- How to spend gold bars as necessary
These are the basic four skills players need in Candy Crush. Once you get to level 200 the game introduces the win streak, which then acts as an incentive to start wasting gold bars and boosters, so that eventually players will become paying customers, or at the very least ads viewers.
I believe level 114 is in the game in order to teach players point no. 3: How to use gold bars. 50 gold bars are given out to every player at level 10 . The game helps to add to this with two or three easy episode races, so every player will have more than 10 gold bars left by the time they reach level 114. This level with 15 moves requires players to buy an additional 5 moves because most of the time they will not otherwise pass within 5 lives.
However: This level is not mathematically impossible because there is a lucky board algorithm, which can be found if you play this level again and again enough times, which will both drop and exit the dragon/sprink on the last move. To find it replay the level without using boosters and follow the hinted moves.
Here the original post:
Sorry guys, but making level 114 a 15 moves only version has rendered this level the first pay-to-pass level in the game. I find this far too early and it will spook new players. I am trying to find out what and if anything can trigger a lucky board here, but so far I am at the +125 moves offer mark with both my iPad and my iPhone games at this level. Nothing will help. Here the level:
The first dragon drops at the 10 moves left mark, the second at the 5 moves left mark. The last dragon invariably drops on the player's last move. This is completely unaffected by what boosters are played or how quickly the first two dragons or the blockers are cleared. This makes this 15 move version of the level the first pay-to-pass level in the game. The best possible outcome I have managed to achieve so far is this:
I will now take a real time break and see if that affects my luck.