Hello, community and @QueenB!
Today, I’m gathering the courage to share how this game was, quite literally, my anchor during my darkest moments. At 16, I fled an abusive home marked by physical and verbal violence. I was struggling with depression and felt like I couldn't take it anymore when I first found Candy Crush.
Back then, the game became my best friend. I made a pact with myself: every level I cleared represented a real-life problem I was proving I could overcome. The game pushed me to believe that if I could beat the obstacles on the board, I could beat them in real life. And I did.
Between levels and seasons, I survived hunger and extreme hardships. By the age of 20, I had already graduated in Radiology. Now, at 26 and after 10 years of playing, I realize that Candy Crush taught me how to endure the unbearable to reach victory.
My next challenge is Medical School. I study day and night for a scholarship since I don’t have the financial means, but I move forward with the same grit that brought me here. I’m sharing this because I know that for many, it’s just a game; but for me, it was what saved me and gave me the strength to build a future from scratch.
Never give up on the next move. The solution might be just one swap away! 💙"