Hullo everyone. There has been talks concerning about the "spinning for a bonus" wheel some players have been seeing. Here is a question:
How would you feel if you suddenly stopped seeing +250 extra moves?
Wheel of Misfortune
Main topic (800+ posts)
Verdict: Oppose (I have never got to the point of seeing this bonus wheel or the old bonus system)
This wheel became a scapegoat (⛧). The community would be equally infuriated if they simply ceased seeing the +250 extra moves quietly. The real problem is that the extra moves escalation is such that it offers less extra moves. If the wheel would have escalated to the +250 extra moves nobody would have complained. It seems many players are adapting to the continue farming tactic.
We saw the "wheel of fortune" only in September 2026, oncce again with the +250 extra moves and possibly a UFO. My proposal is working!
15-moves levels
Main Topic
Verdict: Deep oppose (Could kill my engagement altogether)
This is an outright contraindication on the Soda Side. Expect the impossible levels post to be flooded.
Free switch test (Feb 2026, Apr–May 2026)
Main topic (merged by CM QueenB, 33 posts)
Worse variants of the test Not limited to Sweet Cinema
A 10/16 variant. |
A 11/16 variant. Moreover, one of the rewards is the 10m hearts pass. |
|
|---|
Verdict: Deep oppose (only four episodes played during the test. Originally Oppose, but I realized it is part of something even worse.)
This test is not limited to the Sweet Cinema despite that most complaints are directed specifically to the Sweet Cinema. It has affected the podium prize and this set of Pins. In fact, I did not see the affected podium prize at all because I completed few levels during the test, mostly to satisfy Candy Royales and the one crowns task I ultimately landed for a chocolate box.
@QueenB has claimed this ongoing test is in the name of a "simpler set of boosters." I mistakenly thought the brush would stay, but I later realized the row/column clear actually refers to that booster in rival games!
I slowed my play and my involvement with Sweet Cinema to only once per week specifically because the removal of the hands booster are part of ongoing tests. The 10/16 and 11/16 variants (I did not get them) were also seen only when this test was active.
Nevertheless, not everyone will have Sweet Cinema, and the availability seems to be strictly limited to the mobile platform (not the Windows edition with serverside inventory).
Focus forward test (Soda, Apr–May 2026, July 2026–present)
CM Announcement (An upcoming test on Golden Pins & Old Levels)
Support Announcement (Can't replay levels? More information here!)
Suspected as a way to ruin Candy Crush Saga? (Christinewupp)
Soda Squad! A quick question for you… 👀
When you play Candy Crush Soda Saga, do you ever go back and check your old episodes and stars? Or are you more about what’s coming next? ✨
It's been something of a topic here from as at King. So, as part of a test, some of you might notice that gold pins are no longer showing in your game and that you’re not able to go back and play previous levels.
The studio is exploring ways to make Soda feel even more focused on the fun ahead, new levels, fresh challenges, and Sodalicious rewards. ✨ So with this the focus is put forward instead of the things that you have completed.
This is to see how this plays for Soda players, and your thoughts really matter here. So please let us hear your thoughts in the comments and let’s have a chat!
Thanks for being such an important part of Soda! 💜
—
Currently in Soda there's a test where replaying older levels in not
available, and golden pins are not active - to have players focus more forward on progress than going back.
Verdict: Contraindication (exactly one level completed only to attempt to load Soda Islands)
By far the worst with universal opposition. It has instead been dubbed the "ban on old levels." This is equivalent to scheduling 162 games in a NFL season and asking players to play while injured, and equivalent to subject workers to 20-hour shifts with no breaks and minimal nutrition.
Even worse, this test comes insidiously, to the point that players are reporting that their games are being glitched. The player can still scroll back, but their touches not responding suggests something is deeply wrong. I cannot simply prove the focus forward test through still screenshots only, unlike all of the other entries in this list.
Gold crowns were hidden from my account on the 9th, but the ban on old levels arrived later on the 24th. I do not have a livestream on that. I completed exactly one level, and only when I realized the Soda Islands have been removed.
Gold Inventory (Aug 2025–Nov 2025)
Source of Image 1 2 3 4, 5
Verdict: Deep oppose (Play normally, ignore feature and document the process in detail, best in high definition video!)
Will devastate gold reserves required for continuing, which ties directly to the +250 extra moves farming.
Very few players have seen this "gold cap." No known videos currently detail the mechanism of the Gold Inventory converting gold to boosters (including possibly unlimited lives) or "infinite gold bars" being unlocked. Moreover, affected players will be bombarded with such popups whenever they are approaching, crossed, or went back from the 200-gold cap.
Also, this is the only game I know of that is subject to a cap on a premium currency. I was not present in Candy Crush at all during this period.
Rotational Saga Map (April Fools–Independence Day 2020)
Verdict: Justified
The April Fools hoax. Defines the boundary between the 2010s and the 2020s Candy Crush Saga, which would best be described as eons.
The great increase of events, along with the fact the rotational map (systematic episodes) were followed by a contiguous range of sixty-eight episodes (E421–488) that all reused textures from a classic-era episode exactly 382 episodes before (E39–105, with one translocation, one exceptional case).
I am one of the earliest to receive the systematic map, no later than 3 April 2020. I discovered that with the events that followed, timing the events and booster passes allowed me to build a massive win streak while keeping it gold and inventory positive. Even during gold and inventory negative periods, I can still take breaks so my progress would be gold and inventory positive in the following episodes. I reached a win streak of 972 until I broke it in 2532 due to the app resetting after clicking the GET button on an ad, and then a win streak of 3860 onwards. My episode race win streak dates back shortly after when I received the systematic map, and holds to this day at over 315.
🔴 I have livestreamed all progress from Episode 421 and after.