I’ve been playing Candy Crush since January 2025, and I have never spent a dime on boosters, extra lives, or extra moves. I’ve played the game because it used to be challenging, entertaining, and satisfying to beat a difficult level after several attempts.
Unfortunately, that experience has changed dramatically — especially since December 2025.
At this point, I have to ask: Is Candy Crush becoming intentionally designed to frustrate players into spending money?
For the past 6–8 times I’ve earned the Super Color Bomb after completing the four levels required to get it, I’ve noticed that it is only available for 12 hours, rather than the 24 hours it had previously. The timer starts at 12:00 and immediately begins counting down, even when I continue maintaining my winning streak.
I first noticed this when I reached the mid-19,000 levels. Now that I’m over level 20,000, it has happened again.
Is this a glitch? Is it based on the level you’ve reached? Or does KING determine which players receive the full benefit?
The boosters don’t seem to be what they used to be either.
Even when I use powerful boosters such as the Color Bomb and Super Bomb, they often seem almost as useless as the fish booster. Instead of clearing large portions of the board, they may only clear 2–4 areas, leaving the most difficult sections untouched.
The same thing happens with the Party Booster. What used to feel like a powerful booster that could completely change the board now often seems to have a much smaller impact.
So what exactly are we supposed to do with these boosters if they aren’t actually helping us get through the level?
And then there are the Gold Bars.
This is one of the biggest patterns I’ve noticed.
A player can accumulate hundreds of Gold Bars over weeks or months by winning them through normal gameplay. Then, once you have built up that supply, the levels seem to become increasingly difficult until you are forced to start using those Gold Bars for extra moves.
You can eventually go from having hundreds of Gold Bars to having fewer than 10.
And what happens then? You’re stuck.
You no longer have enough Gold Bars to keep buying extra moves, and you need boosters or additional moves to pass increasingly difficult levels.
That makes me wonder whether the game is designed to deplete the resources a player has earned for free and eventually push that player toward purchasing more.
I obviously cannot see what is happening behind the scenes, so I cannot say that this is definitely intentional. But when the same pattern keeps happening, it is hard not to question it.
The levels themselves have become ridiculous.
Since approximately December 2025, I’ve noticed that many of the levels within the 15-level Episode Race have significantly fewer moves.
Some levels now feel practically impossible without having the exact right boosters, enough Gold Bars for extra moves, or multiple attempts with extremely favorable board layouts.
I used to be able to move through 1,000 levels in less than a week.
The game was difficult, but that was part of the fun. You could get stuck, think about your strategy, try again, and eventually beat the level.
Now?
You can sit on the same level for 4–7 days and still have no realistic way of passing it unless the game happens to give you the right combination of boosters, moves, or board setup.
And then, suddenly, when it seems like you’re about to give up, wrapped candies, striped candies, Color Bombs, or other helpful combinations can seemingly appear out of nowhere and allow you to finally complete the level.
That makes the whole experience feel manipulated.
I’m not going to pay.
I understand that KING is a business. I understand that Candy Crush needs to make money.
But there is a huge difference between challenging players and frustrating players until their only realistic option appears to be spending money.
I’m not going to spend my hard-earned money buying extra moves or boosters just because a level has been designed in a way that makes it nearly impossible to complete with the resources provided.
I have never spent money on this game, and I’m not going to start now.
At this point, I fully understand that it’s just a game. That’s actually the point. A game is supposed to be enjoyable.
I used to spend a lot of time playing because I genuinely enjoyed the challenge. Since December 2025, I spend far less time playing because it has become too frustrating and, frankly, too much BS.
When I start feeling that success depends on having the “right” boosters, enough Gold Bars, or being willing to spend real money, the game stops being fun.
So, KING, what’s going on?
Is the Super Color Bomb really supposed to be 12 hours now instead of 24?
Are boosters intentionally less effective at higher levels?
Are players who accumulate large amounts of Gold Bars eventually being given levels designed to drain those resources?
Are players who never spend money being treated differently from players who regularly make purchases?
Or is all of this simply a series of glitches and coincidences?
I genuinely want to know if other players are seeing the exact same thing.
If you’re a long-term player, especially someone who doesn’t spend money on the game, have you noticed the same changes?
Because right now, Candy Crush doesn’t feel like the game I started playing in January 2025.
It feels less like a challenging game and more like a game designed to see how long you’ll tolerate frustration before you either pay or quit.
And for me, paying isn’t going to happen.
I’d rather quit