I've been playing Candy Crush Saga for quite a while, and lately I've noticed that some of the newer levels feel quite different from the older ones.
The biggest thing I've noticed is how important boosters can become on certain difficult levels. Sometimes I can understand the objective pretty quickly, but the board layout makes it difficult to actually finish within the available moves.
I don't mind difficult levels when there is a good strategy behind them. In fact, figuring out how to beat a difficult level can be one of the most satisfying parts of the game. But there are times when the level seems to depend heavily on getting a good board setup.
I've also noticed that different attempts can feel completely different. One attempt might give you several useful combinations early on, while another attempt with similar moves can be much more difficult.
I started looking through some of the older discussions here, and apparently I'm not the only one who has noticed this. There are discussions from other players about difficult levels and whether the game has become harder over time.
For example, this discussion about very tough levels has some interesting experiences from other players.
There's also an older discussion about passing hard levels adn it reminds of me when I was playing Roblox like games, including different approaches people use when they get stuck.
I also found the discussion about playing strategically game interesting because it talks about looking at the objective, blockers, available moves and boosters before making a move.
So I'm curious what everyone else thinks.
Do you prefer the newer, more challenging levels, or did you enjoy the older levels more?
And when you get stuck on a difficult level, do you normally keep trying different strategies, wait for a better board, or use boosters to get through it?
I'd especially like to hear from players who have been playing for several years. Have you noticed a real difference in level difficulty compared with when you first started?