You might have known me as having a tendency to advertise my livestreams. I have also been watching other people's walkthroughs and livestreams of the game for many months.
I have noticed that it is not easy to find walkthrough and let's play content on Candy Crush Saga levels. The nature of the redesigns King made, especially the level shuffling, means many individual level-by-level livestreams are made obsolete. It is sad to see Suzy Fuller go.
If you check out Candy Crush Saga walkthroughs and livestreams for the current era, I have observed several artefacts across most videos:
- Almost all of them have repeatedly lost levels, and along them, the goodie bags and the double colour bomb.
- I can see if they have lost their first attempt from the colour of the neutered star meter.
- I am only able to identify two livestreamers who have built a streak of 1000.
- Not many have more than 1000 GBs, including players at high levels.
- Many players have relied on the game assisting the player with bonus moves.
- The 🤬wheel already received significantly negative reception.
- Nevertheless, each continue, whether it is 25 extra moves or 255, would cost ten GB.
- Let's plays and livestreamed walkthroughs usually had generic descriptions featuring all-caps text and many hashtags scattered. Many also had no level or episode range listed, effectively making it an undifferentiated gameplay video.
- The thumbnails tend to be of either three kinds:
- Snapshot
- Default profile picture (for livestreams)
- AI generated images (ZOMFG)
- The video may also have watermarks or interrupting audio overlaid. In some cases, I can actually see their home screens. This is a privacy issue.
How my livestream differs
I am still able to complete almost every episode under 25 minutes and with all fifteen levels crowned.