G'day everyone.
We have reached the unofficial end of a summer filled with the excitement of a historic World Cup topped with a once-in-a-lifetime Icelandic totality, and numerous ongoing tests met with much condemnation.
I have returned to active play in Candy Crush Saga and Candy Crush Soda Saga since 2026 Feb 01. Here are my main achievements:
- I am only four posts away from 1000 posts, and I am rapidly approaching the 1.5k points required to get my own profile picture.
- I have set up a livestream series. It is already showing signs of growth on YouTube (averaging 1K views per livestream).
- I am aiming to crown another 120 episodes (1800 levels) in the span of twenty days, all on livestream.
- Afterwards, I will set up a collaborative project to document the history of Facebook games and King.
Facebook Web Gaming, the original home of the Saga games, is in its last month of existence. It is truly the end of an eon.
In only seven months, we have faced so many tests, including the reduced availability of the Free Switch (mostly resolved) and the maligned Wheel of Misfortune (becoming a Wheel of Fortune). I became very addicted to this game and made new online friends along the way, and I thank the community for keeping both games alive.
Unfortunately, unless King has changed course, my time in the CCS community will be numbered once Facebook Web Gaming sunsets. We are still looking for the 15-move levels to be reversed, the new graphics of boosters to be retired, and the removal of the big green button for Soda Islands players in Soda. I hope King will keep the games healthy and revenue-generating for the foreseeable future, as Spain celebrates two more totalities in consecutive years after the totality following the national team's second star.