I’d like to raise a complaint about the ongoing issues with ads freezing and causing the Candy Crush app to refresh/crash.
The ads for extra moves, particularly the Wave and VPN ads, frequently freeze. I can be left waiting several minutes, tapping the screen repeatedly to see if the ad will eventually allow me to close it. Eventually the game refreshes or crashes, and I lose the reward or progress associated with the ad.
Today was particularly frustrating. I was 20/22 levels through the competition and had been using boosters over the last few levels because I was getting close to the top. The game then glitched while an ad was trying to load, refreshed, and I lost my Super Color Bomb, my competition tier/progress and the rewards I had accumulated.
This wasn’t simply losing a booster. I had invested time and other boosters into progressing through the competition, and at the last point I remember, I had accumulated 64 gold bars/coins. The refresh effectively wiped out the progress and rewards I had earned.
I would therefore like my account restored to the tier/position I was on before the crash, including the Super Color Bomb and the gold bars/coins I had accumulated. If the exact amount cannot be recovered, please check the game records from immediately before the crash, as I believe the balance was 64 at that point.
More importantly, please investigate and fix the underlying bugs causing:
• Ads to freeze and become impossible to close
• Ads to take several minutes to complete
• The game to refresh/crash after a frozen ad
• Players to lose competition progress, rewards and boosters when this happens
I understand that ads are part of the free game experience, but they should not result in players losing legitimately earned progress and rewards.
I enjoy playing Candy Crush, but repeatedly losing progress because of advertising glitches is extremely frustrating and disengaging. Please address the technical issue and restore what I lost today.