The same level has different numbers of moves for player who otherwise have seemingly identical games.
I would like to find out why. Also it appears that there are other differences. Here is one example.
These two accounts are completely separate, but look identical this morning:
- iPad player
Has been playing a little more slowly with the main aim of accumulating gold bars, and took a two week break while I was away on holiday. This account was created just over one month ago:
2. iPhone player
This test account is playing to keep its win streak. Has not yet lost a level since win streak was introduced at level 200. This account was created about three weeks ago, so has been playing without any major breaks.
So far, so similar.
These are the two versions of level 726:
iPad:
iPhone:
(The timed boosters you see are from the weekly contest, which both accounts won.)
Not only does the iPad have fewer moves, the order is also higher and there are fewer colours on the board. This is an easy level for testing. I know how to play this one: Hit the colour bombs against any candy other than red .
The outcomes were practically identical:
passing with 8/9 moves left.
I'm not convinced there is any reasoning behind these differences, except testing of the algorithms, to be honest, but I'll run some more tests and keep you posted about results.