I shouldn't have had to pay 10 gold bars.... to just win this level. [BUG: Order of operations.]

Options
JeffMakesGames
JeffMakesGames Posts: 118 Level 3
edited November 2020 in Discussions

So, here is what happened.

LEVEL 7293

My frog was charged up. I needed 1 rainbow rapid to collect, and a rainbow twist was blocking its path but could be destroyed if the frog landed near it.

A candy bomb was at 1. I use my frog and destroy the chained rainbow twist. Candy bomb counts to 0, but the rainbow dispenser has an open path to its box

So the dispenser should have fired its rainbow to the box. be collected, and the level be completed, right? NOPE. Because of the game code's order of operations, the bomb explodes and I had to cough up 10 gold bars, just to then sit and watch the dispenser let loose the rainbow and complete the level. I had to pay 10 gold to win.

WHY?

Comments

• Crazy Cat Lad
    Crazy Cat Lad Posts: 14,123 Community Manager
    Options

Hi @JeffMakesGames !

If the Candy Bomb hits zero the level will fail immediately. Even though you would complete the level in that move, the level will always fail when a bomb explodes.

• JeffMakesGames
    JeffMakesGames Posts: 118 Level 3
    edited November 2020
    Options

That's not the case in other levels. If you complete the goal, even with a bomb at zero, you would still win and pass the level.

I have completed Jelly levels. Ingredient order levels, Order levels, Mixed ones too, with a bomb at zero because I collected them all and or met the goal of the level.

This is an oversight in the game's code on how the game handles its order of events.

The level should not have failed.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?