Scrolling through events options very hard

Options
PetMice1
PetMice1 Posts: 9 Level 2

Hi, I find it very hard to scroll Events menu in Candy Crush - (Chocolate Box, Booster Wheel etc). However carefully I scroll, with finger, stylus or Pencil on my iPad Pro 12.9” (relevant?) the options will suddenly whiz away to the end of the list. So I creep around in tiny finger-steps to get ChocBox held so I can tap the button. But then it gets picky and ignores fingers, preferring the Apple Pencil. Even then, tapping the button will often send the options speeding away again. Once I get Chocolate Box sorted I have to repeat the tiny steps to reach Booster Wheel, which is harder, and so on. If I open Fabulous 5 it gets easier. So, this can’t be normal, could it be that I use visual accessibility eg large text etc (also why I have 12.9” iPad) or is it a glitch? Is there a technique? I haven’t found it after 2371 levels! Would love some help on this, please.

Comments

• smarty1
    smarty1 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

I have the same problem on my iPad Pro with current software.

• PetMice1
    Options

Smarty1 Thank you for your reply, very useful. I have just tried my other iPad 5 (6th gen). The scrolling works perfectly on the iPad 5. I always use the iPad Pro because I’ve had eye surgery and it is much bigger to see. So, definitely a problem with Candy Crush - it doesn’t like the Pro. I do not have problems with any other apps. I will try to contact King - maybe you could too. 👍 🙏🏼

• Enyen
    Enyen Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

I have these exact issues with my iPad Pro. I worked with King technical support for a long time. I sent them a video. They finally gave up and said it was software problem and they sent it to their research team. If anyone finds a solution please email me at enyen@comcast.net as this issue is driving me crazy!

• PetMice1
    Options

Thank you for letting me know. I have now sent more videos after finally getting through to living humans. I will post here if I get anywhere.

• amoeba2315
    amoeba2315 Posts: 8 Level 2
    Options

I’m glad that others are also having this issue. I also have an iPad Pro and I am having the exact same problem. I didn’t have this problem with my old iPad Pro that was a few years old but it seems it’s a problem affecting the current iPad pros. I hope they can have someone on the developers team fix us on the next update.

• PetMice1
    Options

Hello amoeba2315,

I have spent happy hours looking down microscopes at Amoebas 🦠!

I have sent videos and explanations to the real human King representative, when I finally got through the levels of bots, then made some more videos to make it as clear as I can what happens as he had not fully understood. These included some footage using an iPad that isn’t a Pro to show that I knew how to scroll and select! I think he now understood the problem. He then asked me to tag our conversations and the videos to a new submission which would go directly to the Tech team to be sorted out. He then contacted me to confirm that the Techs had received it all. I had said that other people were having the same issue. That was all about 6 weeks ago and I’ve heard nothing and haven’t seen any improvement in the game.

I will probably try again, in the New Year I have a name to contact that’s not a bot! I can’t believe it is a difficult thing to fix. I have found that I can slowly scroll through the Events menu using two fingers slightly apart, alternating with right and left hands but not releasing the screen and sometimes I can creep up on the booster wheel or chocolate box and then tap to enter them. Don’t touch the pink regions either side of the screen. If you happen to land on Fantastic Five, select that option because it often makes the other ones easier to land on. I try to enjoy it as an extra challenge - a game within a game. Good luck 🍀. If you contact them yourself say that other people are having the same issue, including me. Everyone, stay safe and have a good Christmas 🎄

• trianngar
    trianngar Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

I have the same issue on iPad Pro. Went back and forth with support, sent screen shots, videos, had 3 different people in support look at it and say it was a problem then they closed the issue stating it was “ working as designed”. I stopped playing because I was really mad that they just closed the case when even at that time I was not the only person reporting the issue. That was months ago so I decided to check again thinking that it would be fixed by now and it still is not. Really disappointing they are not listening to their customers.

• wykoon
    wykoon Posts: 12,712 Community Hub Moderator
    Options

Hello there @PetMice1 and @trianngar and good day to both of you.

May I know whether you have tried checking the setting of the touch screen in your iPad to make it less sensitive when you scroll the screen? Does this happen to other King's game?

Also, have you tried contacting Support team from Apple to get different feedback?

I'm an Android user and I've played with iPad 2 before, both do not have issue on the scrolling.

• PetMice1
    edited January 2021
    Options

@wykoon

Hi Wykoon,

thanks for replying.

I have experimented with the Haptic Settings, they don’t help. Besides, changing those settings makes everything else much harder to use so I would have to undo them straight away, and all my accessibility shortcuts are taken up by visual accessibility settings so I would have to do that the long way. Besides, the issue is very different to sensitivity problems. I can scroll to the right events option and lift and it jumps to top or bottom, and does that randomly too, and if I do stop in right place, tapping the action button just resets it to top or bottom.

I use spreadsheets every day, and Kindle set to scroll view everyday, and safari, mail, web pages and scrolling is perfect. No issue with CC Soda. Like the others it only happens with iPad Pro, only on this game, never with iPad 6th generation. I provided clear videos that were sent to the tech people, these show exactly what happens, but have had no feedback at all. As Trianngar says, it is very disappointing, especially since it takes an age getting through to a person who will actually read what I say.

(and why does this answer box push me out every few words with and auto saving message?)

if changing touch settings works for others, please let me know.. stay safe!

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?