Bonus video for boosters

Options
lorivhayes
lorivhayes Posts: 5 Level 2

I no longer get the bonus video for boosters. I have gotten bonus videos for extra lives, extra moves and boosters for a very long time and then it all abruptly stopped. I am at almost level 4000 and it is nearly impossible to pass those levels without boosters. What happened??

Comments

• FlaringCrystal120
    FlaringCrystal120 Posts: 3,056 Level 5
    Options

Hello and welcome to the community.

Currently the King has released a large number of new events & offers, and has shared it through a few groups. Not all events/ offers are for everyone. Before any change is implemented a randomly chosen group of players is selected to trial the feature, and based upon how the change is viewed king then decide whether the change is one they want to adopt or not. This feature has been rolled out to different players for a certain amount of time but not everyone will receive this.

If you not received ad that mean you are now not under the testing group.

• lorivhayes
    Options

That’s sad. The game is no longer fun for me.

• shawnmsmall35
    shawnmsmall35 Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options

I too am having this problem. I was getting boosters for adds for well over the a year, you cant tell me that I was in a test group that long. That is a lame answer. I think they made this change to get us to make purchases, which I refuse to do. I would threaten to uninstall the game but none of you who are in charge would care. Just curious when did Activision buy Candy Crush?

• lorivhayes
    Options

I totally agree. I have been getting the videos for over a year too. I have never purchased anything from the game until recently when I bought something for .99. After that I never got another bonus video. I don’t believe that I was part of a random test group. I think it had something to do with the .99 purchase I made.

• Spieler_8675309
    Spieler_8675309 Posts: 4,308 Level 5
    edited March 2021
    Options

quote:

Bonus video for boosters

Welcome, newcomers (@lorivhayes/@shawnmsmall35); but it seems like you're no longer part of an experimental test group (of lab rats) that have the feature; see here.

Some will get adverts & others won't, different people get different features.

So you just have to deal with the experiment for as long as it lasts, but (try to) have fun.

And do not delete the game in an attempt to restore the feature, as any accumulated boosters/received game lives would also be deleted; see this.

You're basically at the mercy of those tasked with maintaining the game on whether or not you get this feature restored to you.

But once you make a purchase within the game, don't count on it; here's an example from another unfortunate player.

So @lorivhayes, you're pretty much SOL about this one.

But if anyone can cite any similar incidences where the feature has been restored after making a purchase (to reassure everyone), feel free to post about them here (come on down).

Lab rats, such adorable little creatures...

quote:

Just curious, when did Activision buy King?

In November of 2015, read here (if you want)...

• lorivhayes
    Options

I really hope that I will be able to have that feature return at some point. Not having it has totally changed the game for me and I will have to look for another game to play. I am convinced it was because I made that purchase and somehow knocked me out of the “test group.” I wonder if deleting the game and making a new account would help? I realize I will lose everything but at least I could enjoy the game again.??

• Spieler_8675309
    Spieler_8675309 Posts: 4,308 Level 5
    edited March 2021
    Options

quote:

I wonder if deleting the game and making a new account would help?

If creating a brand new account on a virgin device (with a different email address), perhaps that could work (no guarantees); uninstalling the game isn't necessary, but that's your prerogative...

• Alienscar
    Alienscar Posts: 14,040 Legend
    Options

I wonder if deleting the game and making a new account would help? I realize I will lose everything but at least I could enjoy the game again.??

It might be worth a go, but if you will be playing on the same device then I very much doubt you will see any change. By using the same device, even if you change your email and username, your IP address would still be the same.

Also don't forget that starting again doesn't guarantee that you will get the booster videos back.

• Tzvi_Marcu
    Tzvi_Marcu Posts: 2,566 Level 5
    Options

I never had it in CCS I play on a Laptop, but in Soda that I play on mobile too there is and the boosters are not bad.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?