This Is Why Fantastic Five Desperately Needs A Chat Feature

Options
Alienscar
Alienscar Posts: 14,409 Legend

My random F5 team is normally quite good, but today really shows why this feature should be updated to include some kind of chat feature.

Yesterday my team completed the event and we got the boosters. Last night and today I have continued to play and I have nearly got to 1700 points on my own.

This leaves me in a quandary. If I continue my team will lose out on the final reward if I reach the 1700 before they log in again. As they helped me gain the 7000 points I don't want to rob them of the reward by just carrying on.

Conversely if I stop now it ruins my own chances in the Episode Race and Garden Tour Event.

All this would be eased by the introduction of a simple chat feature. If I could ask if my team mates were playing today, or if I could tell them the final reward is available I wouldn't have this problem. Just a simple drop down with basic communication choices would do, it wouldn’t need to be a proper chat feature.

Hello

Not Playing Today

On Holiday

7000 Points Completed

That sort of thing.

Should I carry on playing? Would you carry on playing?

Comments

• arwen777
    arwen777 Posts: 1,394 Level 5
    Options

Your team mates won't miss the reward if you continue playing @Alienscar! My team has reached all kinds of goals without me in the past and when I log in the prize is still there waiting for me to gather it! So I don't see why there would be a problem in your case!

However, I completely agree with you about the group chat idea! I can't tell you how many times I wanted to reach out to my team members who are not a part of the community but couldn't! This feature should be added asap if you ask me!

• Alienscar
    Options

Hi @arwen777 are you sure that the main rewards won't be lost if I gain the lollipop before the rest of my team mates log in?

I am sure I have read complaints on here from people saying that they have missed the 7000 point reward because their team mates had carried on and gained the next reward before they could log in.

Maybe I have misunderstood.

• arwen777
    Options

I'm sure! 😌 Think of it this way. The game is being played by millions of people around the world. It'd be highly unrealistic to expect all 5 members of a random team, whose players can reside at any part of the world, to log in simultaneously! Some play in the day, others in the night. It's only reasonable to sustain the rewards until everyone can reach them!

As for the missed prizes, I can tell you from experience that this happens for other reasons. Some times the counter incorrectly shows that the team reached a goal when it hasn't! If you count the individual scores they don't add up so the game doesn't give you the prize. In other cases, they get lost because of a glitch. And rarely because players don't log in for a long time so the prize kind of expires. Hope this covers it!

• Alienscar
    Options

Thanks a lot for the help @arwen777 looks like I totally misunderstood some of the posts I read. I am happy to know that I can just play at my own pace without affecting my teammates.

• arwen777
    Options

I'm glad I could help! Have fun with the rest of your levels! 😊

• BBdiamond
    BBdiamond Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options

Is there a way to chat ?

• Nenikapaki
    Nenikapaki Posts: 31,657 Level 5
    Options

Hello@Alienscar . My team mates are from the other side of the world too. Their night time is my day time but it doesn't affect the scores we get in F5. When i log in and they finished ahead of me, the prizes are just there for me to claim it.

Chat isnt allowed i guess, players may end up chatting instead of crushing.πŸ˜€πŸ˜¬πŸ˜œ

Happy Crushing🍬🍭

• Alienscar
    Options

Well maybe I am missing something then. On Tuesday I left my team 700 points shy of the 7000. When I logged in again late on Wednesday two of the team had reached the 7000 and then continued playing until they had passed the lollipop stage. I received the 7000 point reward, but don't know if I received the lollipop.

• arwen777
    Options

You did! Even if the hammer didn't appear immediately in your inventory, it will once you play one or two new levels! That's always the case with my game.

• Alienscar
    Options

That is excellent news, cheers arwen777.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?