Feedback on levels 10 265 - 10 325

Comments

• Michael-6
    Michael-6 Posts: 987 Level 3

Great work on the ER, @Alienscar . I had long suspected you were not competing live with other players- there were a number of times I was in an ER during an episode which had an impossible level in it, and yet others in my ER were sailing past. I assumed the other players were simply invented by the game and they would reach the finish in a certain time. If they represent data collections of other players it makes sense- these players could have completed an episode before a change was made to a level making it impossible.

• Alienscar
    Alienscar Posts: 13,450 Legend

Great work on the ER, @Alienscar . 

Thanks @Michael-6

There is more than one issue with the ER, and heaven help you if you get stuck with one of those players that has the glitch that automatically lets them win the ER just by starting the ER and then exiting the game.

The other issue is that you could be up against the ER record of a player that has paid a fortune to make sure they don't get stuck on any level.

• LindQ
    LindQ Posts: 562 Kingster

You guys are making me very curious to find out exactly how the episode race works, haha! But we will bring the issues up again, and keep working on something. having it move around and never start sounds like something that shouldn't happen 🤔

• Michael-6
    Michael-6 Posts: 987 Level 3

Will 10279 be getting a review? It is currently a skill-free load of claptrap that relies on the board magic-ing up loads of wrappers. Very unsatisfying to play. There's definitely scope for having it a hard level, but that isn't what it is in its current form, it's just a lottery.

• DieOmimi
    DieOmimi Posts: 37,333 Friends Moderator

First episode finished. Yes, there were some unpleasant levels. But I didn't have a mistake on 10272 like @Albert_Heinrich.

The episode race appeared to continue counting after each level until I arrived in the middle of the episode. Then the flag indicated that I should complete level 10281 to start the race. Today I will no longer do it and tomorrow I will be able to say if it works. By then.

• js_sj
    js_sj Posts: 23 Level 2

Agree on 10279. How this isn't rated insanely difficult (much less a lower level difficult) is silly. By the time you can get the last key you're lucky to have 2-3 moves left. The push to get people to buy boosters is tiresome.

• Boybinary
    Boybinary Posts: 2,958 Level 5

I think you answered your own question, they wanted to stop your win streak and determined that you had the means to continue on so they made it absolutely impossible for you to pass no matter how many moves or boosters you have that to me is becoming abundantly clear "not a secret"

• ron_gerrits
    ron_gerrits Posts: 7 Level 2

Level 10273 is een ramp!

• Albert_Heinrich
    Albert_Heinrich Posts: 2,615 Level 4

@Boybinary, with no ER, my GB's are diminishing at an astonishing rate. Have to knock over Fort Knox, or maybe get the Oceans crew to do it for me if ER dissappear for good

• Albert_Heinrich
    Albert_Heinrich Posts: 2,615 Level 4

Just a side note.

With some of these tough levels, you sometimes tend to use 2 x UFO's to try and clear the board. When the blockers are clustered they are not very effective, and sometimes they "missfire". So in addition to the UFO's, you may need to use other IGB's. This can be costly.

I have moved to buying more Party Poppers, instead of UFO's. So instead of using two UFO's, I use a Party Popper, which is more effective, especially when there are not many moves left. When the chips are down, the PP, invariably clear the whole board, since you get some PGB's as well.

I do use it very sparingly, and buy "bulk" for discount.

I am sure @Spieler_8675309 will do the math for us.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?