make it equal

Options
shawnie94
shawnie94 Posts: 3 Newbie
edited October 2021 in Discussions

starting moves, barriers, etc need to be the same across platforms and countries. Ex. level 10209 fir me starts with 20 moves and the keys are encased. but i've seen vids where ppl are starting with 28 moves and keys have no barriers. this is not the 1st level that's like this. its actually very frequently throughout the game. its as if y'all making some ppl buy bars to when. it has gotten worse however since crossing 10,000.

FIX THIS!!!!

Comments

• Alienscar
    Alienscar Posts: 14,227 Legend
    Options

The removal of moves is something that is carried out by King to make the levels more challenging (their words). This practice is not going to change anytime soon I am sorry to say.

After their initial release the majority (if not all) of the levels have moves removed from them. This means that when you come to play them you actually have the same (equal) condition as everyone else.

• shawnie94
    shawnie94 Posts: 3 Newbie
    Options

That makes no sense. If my level 2 starts with 30 then everyones level 2 should start with 30. I shouldn't see a vid of someone doin the same level but they got 35 moves. That's not equal

• Alienscar
    edited October 2021
    Options

As I said that is just the way King runs things, and I don't see them changing anytime soon. If you want the extra moves that you see in videos you will have to be at the end of the map and play on a Windows PC.

@bearwithme

• Crazy Cat Lad
    Crazy Cat Lad Posts: 14,123 Community Manager
    Options

Hi @shawnie94 !

Levels may get updated after the release and therefore look different. Find more info on this here:

• Michael-6
    Michael-6 Posts: 987 Level 3
    Options

Yes, this is a common issue. New levels are released firstly on windows 10, and people playing them are essentially doing the role of beta testing. The full release comes a fortnight later, by which time any bugs have been found and removed. Unfortunately, King also take this opportunity to ensure half of the levels in every episode are pretty much impossible to pass without boosters. Hence by the time the levels are fully released on mobile, the moves in almost every level are reduced.

Effectively, the vast majority of players are double punished- once, by not being at the very end of the game and secondly, by not having windows 10.

It is a disgraceful practice.

A game should have the same levels for everybody, all of the time.

• LindQ
    LindQ Posts: 562 Kingster
    Options

Videos of levels are sometimes made even before release of the levels, but all updates does go out to all platforms at once. If a level is updated on mobile it is also updated on Facebook and the Windows app. It's not a difference in platform, but rather of time after release 😊

We usually release levels on the Windows 10 app two weeks before mobile and Facebook, levels are then tweaked over the coming weeks to make sure that we have both easy, medium and hard levels, something for everyone! This has been done for years, and it's nothing new 🤗

• toon_ada
    toon_ada Posts: 166 Level 2
    Options

I’ve definitely seen this a lot more since going passed 10000.

every two or three is really hard. And one out of the 15 is impossible. Especially 10209. It’s a joke.

it’s cost me time and money but I’m sure that’s what King wants. But it’s pretty fraudulent also as when taking part, you expect to be able to do it. Not just have your pockets emptied. 😡

• Colleen12
    Colleen12 Posts: 720 Level 4
    Options

My reaction here has always been I don't think we are all playing on level playing fields. @Alienscar explains where we need to be in order to get the moves reflected in the videos when the level is first released. My question would be are the levels only tweaked once or multiple times? I get the feeling it is multiple times, which in my opinion makes it an unequal playing field. I would rather see one episode a week released that has been tried and tested to perfection, than releasing 3 episodes that require continuous tweaking, reduction of moves, addition of other blockers, and the degree of difficulty on the level continuously changing. Change can be good when it is good for all players but it is extremely frustrating for players who can clearly see posted video content of players clearing levels with 10+ extra moves and not having to use boosters to pass levels.

• Alienscar
    edited October 2021
    Options

Hi @Colleen-12 I can't offer you a real answer to your issues as only King can do that and I doubt very much they will let us know why they are doing what they are doing.

My opinion is that a level playing field isn't that important. After all it is only a match three game and we aren't in direct competition with anyone. By offering you leader boards, Episode Races and other similar items the game is tricking you into thinking that you are competing. These features are also part of what makes Candy Crush 'addictive' to some people.

The real aim of Candy Crush is to complete one level at a time and that isn't a team event and nor is it a competition. Don't let the psychological trickery of the game convince you otherwise.

But whilst I don't think a level playing field is important I do think a fair one is. By that I mean I don't mind reduced moves as long as the board design makes sense. All too often now I come across levels that require you to 'snipe' at blockers that are disconnected from the main board, and for me this shows how little thought is put into the move reduction process. Candy Crush is not controlled by the player enough to allow for sniping.

LindQ has said above that the tweaking of levels is nothing new, but I would say that something has changed as the amount of complaints about 'impossible' levels is increasing.

Consider this, gold is an essential part of the game, but there are limited ways of winning gold in the game. If you are willing to pay for items then gold isn't an issue. Therefore whilst the game is free to play and no one is forced to buy anything the fact that King limit the amount of gold available to those players that don't buy it should tell you everything you need to know about the game and why moves are removed and blockers added.

• Colleen12
    Colleen12 Posts: 720 Level 4
    edited October 2021
    Options

@Alienscar everything you say makes perfect logical sense to me. It's unfortunate that King does not take your logic and use it to make their games a fun and relaxing experience for everyone. I am one of those not willing to pay for Gold. While I get very frustrated, I am retired and have all the time not necessarily patience, to wait it out to get past those elusive levels. Thanks again for your insightful comments. Have a great weekend 😊

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?