All Stars Final

Options
sauren
sauren Posts: 251 Level 3

In order to get to the Final there appears to be conflicting information out there.

I came in first place in Round 1 of the Semi Final.

Do I have to come in first place in Round 2? Or in the top 10? Or in the top 5? Or in the top 3?

This is important as I am going away for the weekend and I need to know if I am wasting my time.

Please, no guesswork! I only want a definitive and accurate answer.

Thank you in advance.

Comments

• dlovo313
    dlovo313 Posts: 254 Level 3
    Options

You must come in 1st place in BOTH rounds.

• sauren
    Options

@dlovo313 It says "The ten best players from round two will get to the Final in November!" According to what you are stating, there will be ten first place winners???

• dlovo313
    dlovo313 Posts: 254 Level 3
    Options

10 "Semi-final" winners. So the 10 players who come in first in both rounds of the Semi-finals will move on to the finals. These 10 players will compete against each other in the finals on November 11th. ONE of those 10 players will be crowned sole champion and grand prize of 600 gold bars.

• sauren
    Options
  • Alienscar
    Alienscar Posts: 14,032 Legend
    edited October 2021
    Options

Hello @sauren

Round 1 Thursday and Friday 21 - 22 October.

In this round you will need to finish as #1 to get to the second round during the weekend.

Round 2 Saturday and Sunday 23 - 24 October

All number ones from the first round will compete against each other in the second round.

The ten best players from round 2 in the Semi will get to the Final on 11 November!

You are right in what you think. Coming first in the second round of the semi-finals does not mean you will automatically be in the final. If that were the case then it would say so in the information I have quoted above.

It is only the ten best players from all of the second rounds that get through to the final. That is, the final ten are chosen by King after the second round of the semi-finals has finished.

So you do need to come first in both rounds, but that doesn't guarantee you a place in the final.

This event hasn't been run as a knockout event, so it hasn't whittled down all of the players in America to just ten.

King choosing the ten best players from all those that came first in their second round caused quite a lot of anger in the British version of this event last year

When playing your second round don't just play to beat the person behind you on your leader board, play to get the best score that you possibly can.

From what I can see in other player's leader boards your score will need to be well over million for you to stand a chance.

• ernstbln
    ernstbln Posts: 297 Level 3
    Options

round 1 was a farce. how can a person get up early go to work come home at 5-6 PM eat supper. then try to catch up to people who have been playing all day., then gets 6-7 hours sleep play ends at 8 AM next morning. no way to win . my game where I finished 2nd saw a 450,000 jump in only 30 mins. person never slept as she was playing all night. I awoke at 5 AM after falling asleep at 3 AM she was adding score at unbelievable rate. myself had appointments all day Thursday so no chance to win. I did finish 2nd with 1.4 million despite missing 8 hours of play time and giving up around 3 AM. all the previous wins were just wasted time.

• Alienscar
    Alienscar Posts: 14,032 Legend
    Options

@ernstbln man I don't know what to say, that sounds brutal. I think it is amazing that you scored 1.4 million and in a lot of leader boards I have seen that would have got you first place easily.

As you say, events like this don't allow people with a day job to compete on an even footing with those players that can play for as long as they like

• Tzvi_Marcu
    Tzvi_Marcu Posts: 2,566 Level 5
    Options

@headoperations I'm not coming to defend anyone here.. I saw her an explanation (I think it was writen by CM) about player that play off line and in the last minutes they enter and their points online are the points they did in offline. This is sometimes a tactic of certain players. Not every high score is cheating, maybe they don't work and have much time to play.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?