lives in messages lost after syncing facebook with king site

Options
WolfKingSG
WolfKingSG Posts: 10 Level 2

I lost all my lives that were sent to me from friends in in-game messages after creating a king account and syncing with the facebook app ( where i have only played up until now ).

Best Answer

• kiara_wael
    kiara_wael Posts: 151,003 Candy Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi and Welcome to the King Community

Sorry for the inconvenience. Lives received from Facebook friends are notifications sent in Facebook. They're held in your profile and delivered into the game once per notification.

This means that if you update Facebook, change your profile, reinstall the Facebook app or even update its app software, those Facebook notifications may get lost, as they've been delivered and cleared from the queue. While it is possible to store in-game messages from your friends, due to these factors outside our control, we cannot guarantee that they will remain on your device indefinitely.

Lives can also be lost through an update to the game, your own device or by restarting your device, which clears a certain amount of memory, depending on your device. We therefore recommend limiting the number of messages and lives that you save; a full mailbox can also affect the functionality of the game.

Answers

• kiara_wael
    kiara_wael Posts: 151,003 Candy Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi and Welcome to the King Community

Sorry for the inconvenience. Lives received from Facebook friends are notifications sent in Facebook. They're held in your profile and delivered into the game once per notification.

This means that if you update Facebook, change your profile, reinstall the Facebook app or even update its app software, those Facebook notifications may get lost, as they've been delivered and cleared from the queue. While it is possible to store in-game messages from your friends, due to these factors outside our control, we cannot guarantee that they will remain on your device indefinitely.

Lives can also be lost through an update to the game, your own device or by restarting your device, which clears a certain amount of memory, depending on your device. We therefore recommend limiting the number of messages and lives that you save; a full mailbox can also affect the functionality of the game.

• WolfKingSG
    WolfKingSG Posts: 10 Level 2
    edited December 2021
    Options

Thanks for your time.

TLDR: In-game messages / notifications are stored on the client device, and not the King server?

Hmm, well that's interesting. So in other words in-game messages are front-end / client-side ( user device - mobile, pc, etc. ) and not back-end / server-side ( stored on King server ). At least as far as ones received throughs Facebook are concerned. I think those lives are depended upon to accomplish time-sensitive tasks, such as the daily Holiday task I failed as a result 😅, or even to compete in some of the normal races, and they would be stored server-side and always available and not lost. I do remember seeing what lives I did have in messages ( notifications ) on the King.com side, before doing a clear browser history to get the game working again afterwards ( stuck cherry on a corner of the board ). But then noticing later the message box was empty. Granted, quite a few messages were nearly a year old, but a few pretty recent, too.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?