Number of moves

Options
s1lvi4
s1lvi4 Posts: 1 Newbie

Why do you keep changing the number of moves in a level?? I’m at level 8579, when I Check YouTube you see 40 moves in this level. I get 22 moves?? This is not the first time I’ve noticed this. Why?? Only for the money, so we have to buy boosters or gold bars to finish this levels...

Comments

• Spinnifix
    Spinnifix Posts: 25,186 Sweet Legend
    Options

Hello and welcome to our friendly community.

We are always working on the levels to improve the game behavior. There are several events to collect boosters for this. I hope this helps!!!

• wiseninja
    wiseninja Posts: 5 Level 2
    Options

All of a sudden almost every level I have seems to be impossible with the number of moves I'm given. I have also checked YouTube videos and it seems that I have, for example on level 10783, 20 moves compared to 33 moves in the video.

This isn't just the odd level it seems that it is happeneing on almost all levels. I understand that things may get trialed and move numbers altered but this is sucking all of the fun out of the game for me.

I know that I can use boosters but at the rate I'm using them I will soon run out and once that happens I will stop playing rather than, as I think King hope, start paying for them.

I have been playing for longer than I care to remember and would like to continue to do so. If King want me to spend money then I would rather they just put up a message on the app that says "start paying or leave" rather than dragging out the inevitable.

Please don't respond to this with patronising comments, be straight or don't bother.

• Alienscar
    Alienscar Posts: 14,720 Legend
    Options

@wiseninja only other players of Candy Crush will answer you here, so any response you get isn't 'official'.

This isn't just the odd level it seems that it is happeneing on almost all levels. I understand that things may get trialed and move numbers altered but this is sucking all of the fun out of the game for me.

It is nothing to do with trials. Two weeks after their initial release on Windows 10 every level gets moves removed from them. This occurs regardless of whether or not the removal of moves makes the level extremely difficult.

I know that I can use boosters but at the rate I'm using them I will soon run out and once that happens I will stop playing rather than, as I think King hope, start paying for them.

You will never run out of boosters. Once you have used what you have got you can sign in every day and collect boosters from your Treat Machine & Booster Wheel until you have enough to continue again. There is no rush to complete the levels, so if you don't want to wait to collect the boosters you can't blame that on the game.

If King want me to spend money then I would rather they just put up a message on the app that says "start paying or leave" rather than dragging out the inevitable.

Candy Crush is free to play with in-app purchases. King is a business, without money there will be no Candy Crush. King aren't interested in those people that don't pay, as people that don't pay don't help the business.

A lot of events and changes to the game do seem to be aimed at encouraging people to pay for stuff, but no one here can say if that is definitely the case. Pay, or don't pay the choice is always yours to make even when a level is very difficult.

I hope that was straight enough for you.

• wiseninja
    wiseninja Posts: 5 Level 2
    Options

@Alienscar thanks for the reply, it was straight enough. I'm just a bit annoyed at the moment.

It's interesting what you say about the removal of moves. I used to pretty much keep up with the release of new levels but I think I hit a hard level a few weeks ago and got a few weeks behind and that would explain why I suddenly saw a step change in difficulty. I suppose I need to claw myself back to the end of the game.

It seems to defy any logic though to just automatically reduce moves without taking in to account the difficulty, how do you know that they do this?

It isn't just moves though, on one of the levels I had massively reduced moves and also a much harder board with more blockers on it, I could probably work out which one is was if you are interested.

I accept what you are saying in terms of never running out of boosters but I can assure you that the levels I am facing at the moment would require me to wait weeks and weeks before I had enough boosters to pass them. To get through them and then being immediately faced with another level and having to do the same again just sucks all the fun from the game. Yes thay are a business and want to make money but where is the sense of achievement in just paying to pass a level, there has to be a balance.

• Alienscar
    edited December 2021
    Options

@wiseninja you have every right to be annoyed, as you are at level 10,783 then I imagine you have been playing this game for at least six years. I can't say for sure as I have only been playing since February of this year, but I get the impression that something about the game has changed. From my point of view the game has always been difficult with too few moves, so in my eyes it hasn't changed. Whatever has happened I can see from all of the complaints that the changes aren't well liked.

I used to pretty much keep up with the release of new levels

Do you play on a Windows PC? One change that has occurred recently is that the surplus of moves that Windows players were used to having have been reduced. For a lot of players that has made the game seem more difficult.

It seems to defy any logic though to just automatically reduce moves without taking in to account the difficulty, how do you know that they do this?

The fact that moves are removed after initial release is well known, and you can find that information in any of the level feedback threads. It is something that our resident King level designer @LindQ has told us.

Whether or not they take into account how difficult the removal of moves makes a level is just pure speculation on my part. If you read the most recent level feedback threads you will see many complaints about how difficult some of the levels were on initial release. Even with those complaints as feedback the mobile release of the same levels still had moves removed as usual. The fact that the feedback is ignored makes me say that the moves are removed regardless of how difficult it makes a level.

I can assure you that the levels I am facing at the moment would require me to wait weeks and weeks before I had enough boosters to pass them. 

I have no doubt that you are facing some very difficult levels, but I would hope that you would not have to wait weeks to complete a level with or without boosters. I think in theory if you keep playing you should receive the so called 'lucky board' before you have to play for weeks. 

To get through them and then being immediately faced with another level and having to do the same again just sucks all the fun from the game. 

When the fun stops, stop. That is the slogan for gambling addicts, but it suits Candy Crush just as well. Ask yourself why you continue to play something if you aren't enjoying it.

Yes thay are a business and want to make money but where is the sense of achievement in just paying to pass a level, there has to be a balance.

Whoa you asked some difficult questions.

As a word balance is too undefined to be meaningful in the context of Candy Crush. That is, people's opinion on what is balanced is too variable to have any true meaning.

Some people like to pay, and others don't. Those that pay get just as much enjoyment from the game as those that don't.

As you have found having loads of boosters is no guarantee of completing a level, so all that paying does is guarantee that you don't run out of boosters.

• heehawrules
    heehawrules Posts: 60 Level 3
    edited December 2021
    Options

@Alienscar Since you have been playing since Feb of this year, you need to listen to the players who have been at this a very long time. The farther you get, the more difficult the levels are, less boosters to access, and yes, you can be stuck on the same levels for weeks on end, easily. I played for 5 years and finally got stuck on one level in the 6000's. I was stuck for a month and a half. I used all my boosters, everything I had. The same level for a month and a half. I used to purchase gold bars to speed things up (the game IS P2P the farther you get) but decided it was a waste of time, and there were other things to do with my life. So, after using all me resources, I uninstalled the game.

I logged in a couple weeks ago to see what it was like. I mean all those celebrities play it now, so it must be doing well. Played that same level again. This time I had over 200 extra lives (from the same one person who still plays, LOL) and I started with 15 extra moves as a welcome back present. I proceeded to try for another 3 weeks to pass the level, no luck. Burned through all 200 of the extra lives, no luck. My account was one of the "lucky" ones that had pretty much every avenue for booster access removed, so it was either log in, try 5 times and fail, and log out or just move on. I chose the latter.

So, keep playing if you enjoy the game. Just realize that you will be stuck on levels for a long time as a non-paying player the further you get into the game. If you like playing the same level over and over, you will love the game the farther you progress.

• Alienscar
    edited December 2021
    Options

@heehawrules the game IS P2P the farther you get

Actually that might not be the case. Back in 2013 70% of players that were at the end of the map hadn't payed a thing.

It might interest you to learn that we have been told several times by LindQ that the hardest levels in the game are between 4000-6000.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?