⚠️ Need help? Check our FAQ:s first HERE
📩 Email notifications Customise your experience in the forum! HERE

For the last 2 months I have been unable to win games. I’m always the last one in the Fast Race.

Dexymud
Dexymud Posts: 22 Level 2

The other four players romp ahead. Are you unable to play now unless you make purchases. I used to be one of the top players. Have been playing for nearly 9 years. Feeling very disillusioned.

Best Answers

• Alienscar
    Alienscar Posts: 13,631 Legend
    edited January 2022 Answer ✓

@Perdiar I also note that when you are offered adverts for extra moves these frequently result in the game crashing now, or cynically aren't offered when there is a chance of completing the level with the extra moves. These issues came in directly after completing level 10000 and are clearly purposeful.

I can categorically say that your issues have nothing to do with level 10,000. I suffer from all the issues you mention and I am only approaching level 3000. In particular the issue of the adverts causing the game to crash has been going on for over a year now.

I am losing my love for the game and no longer play as often as I did as it is frustrating to be held back by what I can only assume is an algorithm.

I agree with this though. I get adverts for extra moves, but as you say mysteriously they never appear when I fail a Nightmarishly Hard level. Also, as commented on by a lot of people, it is funny how an 'easy' level just before a Hard/Nightmarishly Hard level causes you to lose your Candy Necklace by being harder than a marked level.

• Perdiar
    Perdiar Posts: 10 Level 2
    Answer ✓

Yeah, but that's not really the point here. It used to be that every level was passable without having to use boosters. This was stated many times by King in the past. Now it seems that there is a money grab going on where you can no longer pass levels without boosters or buying extra moves. Some people may be ok with that, but personally I don't have the money to spend in that way!

It is clear from watching YouTube videos that the levels are changed to make them harder after their initial release. For example level 10586, which I have been stuck on for days now has 4 layers to break whereas the YouTube videos show only 3. Passing it has nothing to do with skill and everything to do with buying boosters. Which is a huge shame and truly a cynical move by King.

So of course fast races can no longer be won by us lowly folk who can't afford to buy boosters or moves! Half the time advert videos don't work so moves and boosters can't be won that way either. As I previously said, it makes the game very dull. After several years playing it quite religiously and being a huge fan I am reaching a point where I no longer want to open it in the mornings, and that is sad.

Answers

• kiara_wael
    kiara_wael Posts: 143,815 Candy Moderator

Hi and Welcome to the King Community

Some Level are challenging . Thanks for your feedback will pass this to the Game Team

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 131 Level 5

I think players were fast. That's all

• Dexymud

I wish this was the case but this has been going on for over 2 months, as I’ve said I have been playing for 9 years and haven’t experienced anything like this before.

• Lindark
    Lindark Posts: 5,681 Sweet Legend

How long does it take you to clear an episode?

• Dexymud

It’s taking over about 2 weeks playing everyday, most of the hard levels end up with 35 lives with gold bars, however I can not win gold bars due to being unable to win levels!

• Perdiar

I am experiencing the same thing. I have been calling it a pay wall. It's ruining my enjoyment of the game completely as it is zero fun to repeat the same level 50+ times. I also note that when you are offered adverts for extra moves these frequently result in the game crashing now, or cynically aren't offered when there is a chance of completing the level with the extra moves. These issues came in directly after completing level 10000 and are clearly purposeful.

I am losing my love for the game and no longer play as often as I did as it is frustrating to be held back by what I can only assume is an algorithm. I used to eagerly await new levels every Wednesday, and was sometimes frustrated having to wait, but this is 100% worse! Just so boring.

• Alienscar
    edited January 2022

Hello Dexymud the Fast Race isn't a live race and what you see is the record of how fast other players completed the fifteen levels of the Episode you are currently playing. Because it is a record you have no idea about the criteria of the other players. That is, did they play a different version of the Episode with more moves and less blockers? Did they buy loads of gold and boosters? Not to be rude, but taking two weeks to complete an Episode is also likely to mean that you will lose the Race. If you read the feedback discussions on the new (ish) levels you will see that people that play at the end of the map complete 45 levels in a day or two.

If you are anywhere near the end of the map then it is clear from reading the level feedback discussions that if you do not have access to a lot of UFOs, Hammers and Party Boosters then you will not complete the levels quick enough to be able to compete in the Fast Race.

• Alienscar
    edited January 2022 Answer ✓

@Perdiar I also note that when you are offered adverts for extra moves these frequently result in the game crashing now, or cynically aren't offered when there is a chance of completing the level with the extra moves. These issues came in directly after completing level 10000 and are clearly purposeful.

I can categorically say that your issues have nothing to do with level 10,000. I suffer from all the issues you mention and I am only approaching level 3000. In particular the issue of the adverts causing the game to crash has been going on for over a year now.

I am losing my love for the game and no longer play as often as I did as it is frustrating to be held back by what I can only assume is an algorithm.

I agree with this though. I get adverts for extra moves, but as you say mysteriously they never appear when I fail a Nightmarishly Hard level. Also, as commented on by a lot of people, it is funny how an 'easy' level just before a Hard/Nightmarishly Hard level causes you to lose your Candy Necklace by being harder than a marked level.

• Perdiar
    Answer ✓

Yeah, but that's not really the point here. It used to be that every level was passable without having to use boosters. This was stated many times by King in the past. Now it seems that there is a money grab going on where you can no longer pass levels without boosters or buying extra moves. Some people may be ok with that, but personally I don't have the money to spend in that way!

It is clear from watching YouTube videos that the levels are changed to make them harder after their initial release. For example level 10586, which I have been stuck on for days now has 4 layers to break whereas the YouTube videos show only 3. Passing it has nothing to do with skill and everything to do with buying boosters. Which is a huge shame and truly a cynical move by King.

So of course fast races can no longer be won by us lowly folk who can't afford to buy boosters or moves! Half the time advert videos don't work so moves and boosters can't be won that way either. As I previously said, it makes the game very dull. After several years playing it quite religiously and being a huge fan I am reaching a point where I no longer want to open it in the mornings, and that is sad.

• Dexymud

I agree 100% with all you say.it is sad that King have done this

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?