Frustrated!!

vbabcock
vbabcock Posts: 5 Level 2

Why are the levels so hard? Why do they have less moves? Some 5 - 10 less, some up to 20 less compared to last year. The regular levels that are not marked hard, ARE hard. Its not fun to play when you are so frustrated. Is it to get the player to watch more commercials to get extras? Those extras don't help, and that is a kinda a jerk move. I keep asking myself why am I playing this thing and wasting money keeping my phone charged. I have been trying to get through levels over and over and over. I'm frustrated, and I am bored. Candy crush saga is going to get deleted/uninstalled very soon. Why? BECAUSE I AM FRUSTRATED!!!

Comments

• Crazy Cat Lad
    Crazy Cat Lad Posts: 14,123 Community Manager

Hi @vbabcock and welcome to our Community!

Some levels may get updated after the release and therefore look different from when other players played it. Check more info on this HERE.

All levels are possible to complete without any purchases even though some of them are super challenging.

What level are you stuck on? @kiara_wael @Sukanta_Biswas may help you out with some sweet tips and hints.

• Alienscar
    Alienscar Posts: 13,589 Legend
    edited November 2021

Hello @vbabcock ALL levels get moves removed ten days after their first release day. The moves are removed regardless of how many moves are actually needed to make the level playable.

King will tell you that it is to make the game challenging and fun, but all they have to do is look at all the complaints on this site to see they are failing in making the game fun.

Officially all levels can be completed without boosters, or paying for stuff. Whilst that might be true what it means in reality is that you will have to play the same level for days, and possibly weeks if you have no boosters and don't want to pay. That shouldn't be considered challenging, or fun by anyone.

The game is free to play, but King has made $635million so far in 2021. So whilst it is free they make a lot of money from their games.

It might be theorised that the changes they make are all aimed at making those that don't mind paying, pay more to continue playing. The players that want to play for free are just collateral damage if this is the case, and if King lose some of us they won't even notice.

As I said, just a theory though. Make of it what you will.

• Michael-6
    Michael-6 Posts: 987 Level 3

@Alienscar has nailed it. The game is increasingly becoming a pay to pass game.

The only way you get a fair crack at the levels is:

• if you are right at the end of the game (currently around level 10600);
    • you have a Windows 10 device; and
    • you play all the new levels within 5 days of release.

If you are unable to meet all of those criteria (i.e. 99.9% of all players) you are treated like s**t on a shoe. 5 days after the levels are released, half of them are immediately revised to be impossible to pass (in King speak, 'challenging') and it is up to you whether you pay the ransom to pass, or sit back and hope the game essentially completes the level for you by making an endless cascade of boosters.

• vbabcock
    vbabcock Posts: 5 Level 2

Ok Crazy cat lad. I still don't understand changing a hard level and nightmare level from 40 moves to 10 is fun? I don't play video games much, but this one I like. However, changing the amount of moves to unreasonable amounts, like 1676. 10 moves to get 6 liquorice shells that take 3 explosions to open each. It was hard enough with the original 40, why change it in the first place? Its really frustrating. Oh and those suggestions, @kiara_wael @Sukanta_Biswas, was no help. I didn't find any help tips.

• demons
    demons Posts: 22 Level 2

Level 3309 use to be 5 moves (years ago when I first played it) and has now been INCREASED - the game is harder but a lot more moves makes it achievable without using boosters. I bet that this game is the only one where moves have been increased.

• ernstbln
    ernstbln Posts: 297 Level 3

3309 has increased but for the upcoming events the opening boosters have been eliminated

• Khilaadi
    Khilaadi Posts: 12 Level 2

Gali gali mein shor hai, candy crush chor hai.

• kbeech
    kbeech Posts: 1 Newbie

@vbabcock , thanks for your post and starting this thread. They say misery loves company and I'm sooooo with you.

The most frustrating part is that I watch videos on youtube and those folks have more moves than I do. UGH!!! @Crazy Cat Lad, can you explain why that is? Is it because they are playing the new levels within 5 days of release?

I'm close to giving up as well...it's just not fun anymore.

• Fences
    Fences Posts: 1,122 Level 4

Well since boosters are much easier to obtain nowadays maybe King assumed that everyone has 999+ boosters or so

• Crazy Cat Lad
    Crazy Cat Lad Posts: 14,123 Community Manager

@kbeech All Youtube videos are uploaded by other players and not by King. After a player uploaded their video the level may have been updated and therefore look different when you check it.

Make sure to filter your Youtube search by date to get the newest videos first and then also the most current level version.

Please find more details and help on the page HERE.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?