⚠️ Need help? Check our FAQ:s first HERE
📩 Email notifications Customise your experience in the forum! HERE

Candy Crush Saga doesn't start on my Lumia 625

Options
gemwhizz
gemwhizz Posts: 1 Newbie

As of yesterday, 5th of September 2015, Candy Crush Saga does not start anymore. Neither a soft reset nor a re-installation of the app changed this behaviour. Setting the internal calendar 2 month in advance seemed to help the problem. But switching it back to the correct date delivered the unwanted result again: No startup. From other threads I gain the impression that this applies to windows phones (Lumia) and does not relate to any specific hardware series.

Answers

• Crusher18
    Crusher18 Posts: 1,286 Level 2
    Options

Has anyone else had this problem? If you keep the calendar on the incorrect date does the game continue to work properly? 

• Lottie_Winns
    Lottie_Winns Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options

My phone is a Lumia 640 LTE with Win 8.1 update 2. Like the original poster gemwhizz, this weekend (Sept 5, 2015) Candy Crush stopped running: from the loading screen, went right back to the app list or the start screen that I launched it from. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling twice (lost all my progress since I never connected with Facebook). I tried rebooting, turning off WiFi and cellular, and none of those things worked. After reinstalling, if I left the game and tried to resume or restart, it just went back to start screen.

Thanks for the idea of changing the date. I moved mine up 2 days (to Tuesday, Sept 8) and it is working. Maybe this will all fix itself by the time the king.com employees all get back from their US Labor Day Holiday weekend.

• cyberdude
    cyberdude Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

I have the same problem on my Lumia running Win8.1. Advancing the date by 2 days works but I can't leave my phone set like that.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?