⚠️ Need help? Check our FAQ:s first HERE
📩 Email notifications Customise your experience in the forum! HERE

Why does my game stop because it says I hit the quit button?

Options
charris7387
charris7387 Posts: 1 Newbie

I'm in level 765.  I seem to get a good board and having a good game when the game stops because it says I have hit the quit button.  I am no where near the quit button.  It seems to happen when I have a few jellies left to clear or I have some combos that will help clear the jellies.  

Best Answer

• KingsPinn
    KingsPinn Posts: 3,526 Level 2
    Answer ✓
    Options

I read a similar issue to this a while back, it turns out it was a problem with the mouse, so it might be worth checking this out. Maybe one of the buttons is stuck or a setting has changed. 

Answers

• KingsPinn
    KingsPinn Posts: 3,526 Level 2
    Answer ✓
    Options

I read a similar issue to this a while back, it turns out it was a problem with the mouse, so it might be worth checking this out. Maybe one of the buttons is stuck or a setting has changed. 

• Jay_Nabonne
    Jay_Nabonne Posts: 6 Level 2
    Options

It happens to me because the quit button activates if you just have the mouse button down and move over it - as I sometimes do when I get a bit excited and make sweeping gestures when I switch tiles. You might not even realize you're over it, as your focus will be where you're going to move next - you might not see that after your last switch, your mouse ended up over the Quit button with your mouse button down.

They just need to fix the behavior of this, so that you have to *click and then *release to activate the button as opposed to just drifting over it with the mouse button down. It doesn't behave like other buttons in the game. I can only hope it wasn't done that way intentionally. (Yes, there is more than a little bit of frustration here.)

• darkangel-3
    darkangel-3 Posts: 5 Level 2
    Options

This problem happens to me on the mobile app. Every day, at least twice, I start a game and immediately it says "you have hit the quit button: when I obviously haven't. 

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?