⚠️ Need help? Check our FAQ:s first HERE
📩 Email notifications Customise your experience in the forum! HERE

Facebook can't connect

Options
Gem1373
Gem1373 Posts: 3 Newbie

For the last 2 days (since an update I believe) I've been unable to connect my Candy Crash game on my iPad to Facebook. I've tried everything listed in the video that is posted on several posts in this help forum, I've tried closing the app fully, closing Facebook fully, signing out & back in, trying to open Candy Crush through the Facebook link rather than directly through the app. I lastly tried deleting the app & reinstalling (has worked in the past as Facebook remembers what level etc I was on) but still says it's taking too long to connect & thus I can't re sync my levels & am now back at level 1 until I can get Facebook to connect again. My internet connection is strong through wifi & I have tried various ways to make sure it's not a fault of not being connected to wifi or it not being a good connection etc. there is something up between the Candy Crush app & its link to the Facebook app.

Would appreciate any help on the matter before I just give up on the game entirely, I am not starting from level 1 again! And please don't just post the video that is posted on other threads similar to this, I have seen it, I have tried those actions, none of it worked. Thanks!

Answers

• Crusher18
    Crusher18 Posts: 1,286 Level 2
    Options

Hey Gem1373- Wow it sounds like you have covered most things. Do you have the Facebook app on your iPad and which version? Also which version of Candy Crush? You can check these in the app store. Let me know. 

• Gem1373
    Options

Hi, yeah I feel like I've tried everything! My version of Candy Crush is 1.56.1 & my Facebook app version is 34.0 I'm using an iPad mini running iOS8.4 (says it's up to date) if that makes any difference whatsoever to things. Thanks!

• Crusher18
    Options

Do you both have any problems with any of the other games or any other apps connecting to Facebook? 

• sproegbau
    sproegbau Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

Hi, yeah I feel like I've tried everything! My version of Candy Crush is 1.56.1 & my Facebook app version is 34.0 I'm using an iPad mini running iOS8.4 (says it's up to date) if that makes any difference whatsoever to things. Thanks!

I have the exact same problem on my iPhone 4S. Same version for CCS & FB & iOS.
  • Gem1373
    edited July 2015
    Options

Do you both have any problems with any of the other games or any other apps connecting to Facebook? 

Not that I've encountered yet. Facebook works fine in itself & I can use it to log in at forums like this one & other sites. I don't actually use it for any other games that use an app so can't say with regards to other apps but it definitely connects fine to log in at websites via my Facebook profile. I can still play Candy Crush normally on the Facebook website. Likewise the Candy Crush app itself works fine, I can play it, it's literally just coz I can't connect it to Facebook & I tried reinstalling the CCS app it means until I've reconnected that I'm not syncing my levels.
  • Connie_Kudura
    Connie_Kudura Posts: 4 Newbie
    Options

I've had this same problem since updating to ios 9 on my ipad. Did your problem get resolved? If so, how?

• JannaPyle
    JannaPyle Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

I have had this problem with the android version for the last month or so. I am thoroughly frustrated with it.

• Crusher18
    Options

Hi JonnaPyle- Have you tried the Android troubleshooting steps on here? https://care.king.com/en/candy-crush-saga/lost-your-connection-to-facebook-android 

Good luck! 

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?