Weekly Contest Question

Options
1235»

Comments

• Carol-38
    Carol-38 Posts: 10,891 Level 5
    edited March 2022
    Options

Oh well@Alienscar you'll still get one colour bomb. That is strange about Christa and Rare, but does anything really surprise us.

• Carol-38
    Options

Hi@Alienscar just letting you know you are well in the lead today in my race, hope you are showing the same in yours

And Luke won't get anymore as he has finished all the levels

• Alienscar
    Alienscar Posts: 14,396 Legend
    Options

Hi @Carol-38 thanks for that, I am in sixth position in my race, and all of the placed players have over seventy levels so I won't be catching them in the time left

As the reward is just a colour bomb for second and third I don't feel the need to compete anymore to be honest.

The first position in my race has 120 levels which is just too many for me to comprehend.

• Carol-38
    Options

Hi@Alienscar so even though you finished 1st in my weekly race you don't get the 1st prize is that right. If that's correct it's just not worth bothering about is it.

• Alienscar
    Options

Yes that is correct @Carol-38 because I finished sixth in my Weekly Contest I didn't get the first prize.

It is increasingly clear that the Weekly Contest is an individual contest and not an actual contest. That is, you weren't even in my Race last last week, so I am included in your Race as a 'marker'. It is the same in my Race, the people shown (Kim & Larissa) were first and second in my race, but could be in any position in their race.

• Andres-2
    Andres-2 Posts: 4,355 Level 5
    Options

Hi @Alienscar

Today I received the updated weekly race, what I see as unfair are the prizes for 2nd and 3rd place, they only receive a color bomb.

Power Pops came to my game after it disappeared a long time ago let's see how long this feature lasts.

• Alienscar
    Options

@Andres-2 Today I received the updated weekly race, what I see as unfair are the prizes for 2nd and 3rd place, they only receive a color bomb

Thanks for the information Andres. It's interesting to see how people's games change. I have had the new Weekly Contest for a few weeks now, and I must admit I am baffled by the change to the rewards for second and third places. I can't imagine what King were thinking by not differentiating between these positions. Obviously the discrepancy between the rewards for first and the other positions would make me think that the aim of the change is to get more people to pay to obtain first place. I honestly can't think of another reason to make the rewards for second third so poor otherwise.

Power Pops came to my game after it disappeared a long time ago let's see how long this feature lasts.

Another interesting change Andres as me and a lot of other people lost their Power Pops over two weeks ago. It seems like they have removed the feature from people that have had it for awhile just to deliver it to other people.

• boonavite
    boonavite Posts: 4 Newbie
    Options

I find it counter-motivating to have such measly rewards for 2nd and 3rd place. I play PVZ2 and the rewards are differentiate for top 10. Very motivating. The Sam’s streak is equally pathetic. Such stingy rewards it’s laughable. Top 10 positions should get differentiated rewards. Playing so hard for one chocolate bomb is just pointless and de-motivating.

• Alienscar
    Options

@boonavite I totally agree with you. We are all used to watching different kinds of competitions and events and we are all used to seeing different levels of rewards being provided for the top three positions. Tennis, Grand Prix, golf, the Olympics to name just a few, the top three people always receive a differentiated level of reward.

When the reward you receive for coming anything but first is so poor and identical then there is really no point in trying to better your position.

It is only my opinion and maybe there is something going on that I don't understand, but the changes really to point towards King encouraging people to pay their way to the best rewards.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?