Candy Crush Saga and Candy Crush Soda Saga black screen upon launching!

Idham_Rosnon
Idham_Rosnon Posts: 8 Level 2

Hi, the game worked out fine for more than 3 months, when all of a sudden I woke up to find out that both of the game had stopped working like they should be. I did install both of the game from Windows Store. When I launch the game, it's just pure blank of black screen. I waited long enough for it to hopefully work, then it just closes itself. I tried reinstalling it, but to no luck. I've used "wsreset.exe" and Microsoft troubleshooter for Windows Store but unfortunately the problem still persist.

Here's a screen of what I'm experiencing at the moment. http://i.imgur.com/Vkr0OK5.png

Any help would be hugely appreciated. Currently running a Windows 10 (14393.953) Stay frosty!

Answers

• Anna_Lewis
    Anna_Lewis Posts: 75 Level 2

have you looked in setting for an update of system for  W10. They had a build   update yesterday, involves Flash player.

• Idham_Rosnon

Yes I did, in fact, this started to happen after the update. 

• Anna_Lewis
    edited March 2017

You might need to check your plugins and upgrade to latest flash,also check your version of your browser.    NPAPI has changed the way flash works, most of my plugins are now disabled.   The update changed these, Try Edge browser, if and see if the  apps open in there,

I just just looked at your link, are you playing Facebook gamesroom? if so try this fix. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDm2gc7G1XE

• Idham_Rosnon

I'm not planning to play on Facebook itself. I'm not on Facebook Gamesroom either. I just want my apps on WINDOWS 10 to work like they used to be. I had fun playing it from Windows. Much easier, faster, smoother, convenient. And now it doesn't even work :/

The game could easily run from any browser without any problem

• Anna_Lewis
    edited March 2017

I am not a staff member just a player who has W10. 

All Desktop apps need cache clearing from time to time. On W10, This is done in your edge browser. 

• Idham_Rosnon

Does using CCleaner to clear cache counts? Because I often use that from time to time. 

• Anna_Lewis
    edited March 2017

CCleaner is just another disk cleanup tool.   I dont use it and have had no problems, I have W10 64 bit pc. I use the desktop apps,  and all running OK. I use W10 diskclean up. and do auto defragmentation weekly.

After the Update, I took time to check all 3 browsers, Adobe flash player, updated through defender for Edge,  (check for Chrome   Version 57.0.2987.98 (64-bit) and  Firefox)  and ran a disk clean. checked all plugins as some are now disabled. Cleared browsing Date in Edge (desktop apps) and everything OK. I see you have a couple of games apps open at the same time, I would advise, while W10 is in early stages, that only use 1 browser, and 1 desktop game at the same time. . close everything else.

Clearing desktop app  cache.

Open Edge, click 3 spots, top right.

scroll down to settings

scroll down to choose what to clear.

reboot system.

• Idham_Rosnon

I'm on the Google Chrome version 57.0.2987.110. Guess I'm on the latest version. Though it's weird how I can't access "chrome://plugins/".

I did Disk Cleanup once you mentioned it, nothing much to remove anyways since I manually remove Temp files myself. Also removed everything from the Edge settings you talked about. About running both game at the same time, that was just for screenshot purposes. I tried launching each of them seperately without any browser and it still failed to run. 

• Anna_Lewis
    edited March 2017

sorry not able to help, maybe someone from King has other information on this. Hope you get it sorted soon. 

maybe as a last resort, check this link in Edge browser  you might need to re enable flash player.  

https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/flash-player-issues-windows-10-edge.html

• Idham_Rosnon

It's alright, Anna. Even the ones who work in the Windows 10 Developer team couldn't help me out. I just have to accept the fact that I'm currently running a faulty copy of Windows 10. Because I couldn't even open my Edge anymore right now haha

So I'm gonna try to join insider just so that I could get out from this sucky version of Windows I'm using. Thanks for your time, Anna. Appreciate it really.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?