Trouble With Signing In

Options
lillysux
lillysux Posts: 1 Newbie
edited August 2022 in Support

Hi. i’m not sure if anyone else is having a problem with this but there was recently an update and it logged me out of my account. i usually use apple to sign in and link my account to save my progress but when i try to log in through apple it says there is a connection error and to try again in a bit. i’ve been trying for a couple days now and it still hasn’t signed me in. my progress that was saved before the update was lost and it put me back a lot of levels and all of my gold bars that i had are also gone. please let me know if there is advice or help i can get with signing in through apple to sign back in to get my progress back.

Comments

• Alienscar
    Alienscar Posts: 14,724 Legend
    Options

To be honest @lillysux I am not sure what you mean by you used to save your game by signing in with Apple. The only ways to save your game is either with a King account, or through Facebook.

It sounds to me like you were playing without an account and just saving your game to your phone. From your description it sounds like your phone completed an update and this wiped the memory of your game from your phone.

I could be wrong, but I am not aware of a method of signing in with Apple

@bearwithme might know something different or know someone that knows more than me.

• bearwithme
    bearwithme Posts: 16,094 Candy Moderator
    Options

Hello @lillysux and welcome to our wonderful community. I play on an iPhone and have noticed the option to sign in via apple for awhile now, but I just haven’t taken advantage of that option.

I use either FB or my King.com account. I have them linked in case one of them has issues - then I can just use the other account and my progress and lives/gold bars etc. is saved.

As fast as your current situation is concerned, obviously there is a temporary issue with Apple.

Have you tried the standard troubleshooting-

Make sure you have the latest version of the game

Clear your cache

Turn your device off for at least 10 seconds and then see if the problem has resolved itself.

If it hasn’t, please contact Player Support and tell them what happened. They will at least be able to restore your progress (make sure you tell them what level you were on) and also return any gold bars you had purchased. Unfortunately and saved boosters and gold bars are saved directly on your device, so they won’t be able to restore those - which is why we tell players to only deinstall and reinstall the game as a last resort since you will lose any data that was stored locally on your device.

For the future - I recommend also creating a King.com account and link it with your Apple account. That way you can switch between the two if needed and not lose your progress or saved items (unless your game gets totally corrupted and has to be deinstalled).

Good luck and happy crushing!

😊🐨💕

Thanks for the tag @Alienscar😊

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?