Guess how many boosters I used to pass 60 levels?

CandyLV
CandyLV Posts: 156 Level 2

Just for your reference, currently at 126xx, in order to pass the last 60 levels, I used 9 party poppers, 30 UFOs, 90 hammers and 80 little hands, other boosters I lost count. In addition to that, I used around 30 gold bars.

For those of us who do not have access to Candy Royale, I NEED to win the Candy Cup. 30 party poppers will really help.

Until King lifts the daily limit of 20 lives, not another dime from me!

Comments

• Doondie
    Doondie Posts: 1,255 Level 5

Good job on those last levels!

Regarding winning Candy Cap - I'm not convinced it would be that helpful as you'll be getting 1 Party Booster per day and they are more likely to not roll over but be like a 30-day booster that can be used once a day.

As for Royale - it doesn't work at highest levels or it's simply extremely hard to complete 7 levels from the first try within 24 hours?

• CandyLV
    CandyLV Posts: 156 Level 2

Really? I thought they will just give you a party popper per day for you to use. It will be extremely lame if you have to use it the day that they give it to you.

At higher level, it has more to do with how to win free boosters strategically. I have never had candy royale, so I cannot say how useful that is. But just like episode race, you have to gauge how many boosters you are going to get (40 gold bars if you win the race), and how many boosters you need to use in order to achieve that.

If you are still at below 10000 levels, it's extremely important to hoard boosters now. Play on multiple devices so that you can collect boosters on each device, sometimes boosters are only available on mobile, vice versa. My example just shows you how many boosters you need on weekly basis. It's just insane and virtually impossible not to spend money on this game.

• Doondie

Don't quote me on that but that's how it sounds - 1 to use everyday rather than 1 per day, i.e. use or lose. Ofc, I could be wrong. That's why I'm not overly excited about it.

Candy Royale is indeed useful, even if you get 25-50 gold (or more if lucky) every 3-4 days. Too bad you've never benefited from it. Although I have it, I've had to start planning my everyday play since level 4500-ish. I'm at 5000 now. If I don't, I will be forced to quit, as I can't afford to spend extra on the game. I reached a point with 1 gold bar and close to no boosters and it felt terribly discouraging to continue playing. That was even before the 20 lives restriction. I just would hate to lose my episode win streak, that's why I don't even start one if I'm not confident about finishing it, and being 1st. This has also allowed me to make the most out of Sweet Cinema. Yes, I can't play as much as I want but I wouldn't be able to play at all with no resources either.

So, hoarding boosters is the way then? What about using different devices? How does that even help? I've only ever played on my phone. And I'm afraid not to lose my stuff if I switch to PC, even though my progress is supposedly synced with my FB account Plus, not all features work on PC.

• Doondie

Took the effort to go over Cup's T&Cs

Prize

For the Final Stage - Each player who places top of their leaderboard will receive 30 days’ of Party Boosters and be crowned a Candy Crush Saga - Candy Cup 2022 Champion. In order to claim their reward, winners will need to log into the game daily, between 11th October 2022 06.00am EDT and 10th November 5.30am EDT to claim all 30 Party Boosters. Unclaimed Party Boosters will be forfeited.

It's not 100% clear though, since they don't specify whether "claiming" means "using". If "claiming" = "collecting" and using later, then it's OK. Otherwise it's actually bad.

• myrawh
    myrawh Posts: 2 Newbie

I am at level 12430 I have no problem winning the battle Royale, but I have also won 109-episode race in a row with the new 45 gold bars it's easy to get the boosters you need to win

• Kerrie
    Kerrie Posts: 1,957 Level 4

Wonder why some people get 40 and some get 45 with episode race.🤔

Candy Royal wins are getting lower again for me average about 10-30. The wait time varies from 16 hours to 4 days. Seems to me the lower the win the longer the wait which doesn't make sense to me.🤦

• Alienscar
    Alienscar Posts: 12,880 Legend

I don't know it seems clear to me that you can store your claimed Party Booster rewards.

• Doondie

Oh, now they've clarified it doesn't have to be used right away. Still, it's a stupid reward distribution method - forcing people to claim 1 booster per day.

I'm also wondering why some people get 45 gold bars. 🤔

As for Royale - it's now permanently 3.5 days for me. Last reward was shared with 21 other people. pff

• Alienscar
    Alienscar Posts: 12,880 Legend

Still, it's a stupid reward distribution method - forcing people to claim 1 booster per day.

The whole thing is a bit odd to be honest @Doondie

I haven't bothered to play the Candy Cup, but I received the last Wildcard round the other day. This means instead of playing from the 15th Sept and wasting loads of time and boosters people could just have played the last two Wildcard rounds. Doesn't seem right to me. Wildcards are okay at the start of an Event, but they shouldn't let people join at the end of an Event.

• Doondie

lol You entered the Wild Card round to the Finals without qualifying to the Semi-Finals first? This is totally wrong, yeah.

I did bother competing as I'm still around lvl 5000 and can afford to burn resources for the Cup. This said, I totally settled for #3 in the Semi-Finals, as my goal was just to qualify directly for the Finals without going bankrupt in the process. 😃

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?