💡 Please only post ideas on how we can improve the game Candy Crush Saga!
🔎 Before posting, check our ideas guide HERE
🚨 Looking for help? Head over to our Support and FAQ:s

Possible Candy Crush Saga x Candy Land collaboration

Options
snakegore999
snakegore999 Posts: 515 Level 3
edited November 2022 in Ideas

This is going to be a huge post and I am not sure if it you can allow it here due to its massive scope, but let me know if you have any problems with putting the idea here. I do not expect this idea to ever see fruition in the immediate future, especially when licensing is no easy affair. I'm just putting it out there.

One of my friends told me how a crossover between Candy Crush and Hasbro's Candy Land board game would work and they said that this was going to be a deep one that goes beyond just mixing together characters and locations. Here's what they said about it:

"The Candy Land board game, as a whole is a linear race through a candy-themed world to the finish. Candy Crush players would do the same on a special linear, limited, map, separate from the endless campaign mode. Each square on the board, which is colored differently, would be a level in of itself on this map.

But just as you don't land on every space on the way to the finish in the board game, you won't play every level on this map. The first level everyone plays is the starting, first square. But which level they play next is determined by drawing a card that moves you to the next space of a particular color, or if you're lucky, the second square of such color ahead. Luckier players can also draw pink cards that can warp them to one of several major points of interest in Candy Land throughout the map - but to be fair, you can't warp backward, since you all know how painful it'd be to regress with all the trouble you've gone through in the game's brutal difficulty.

What card you'll draw, however, depends on how you complete the level you're on. The chance of drawing pink warp cards is a small percentage of the overall odds. The rest will be divided among the percentage of each of the six colored candies you destroyed (or "collected", as the game puts it). For instance, if you completed the level by mostly destroying red jellybeans, you're more likely to draw a red or double-red card after you beat the level and move to the next square. If you pull off big cascade combos like "Sweet", "Tasty" or "Divine", your chances of drawing a double-colored card will slightly increase. If you destroy a significant number of blockers, your chances of drawing a warp card will increase, unless you are past the final pink space on the map.

As you advance through the board game's map, you'll visit several major points of interest in the Candy Land board game, such as the Gumdrop Mountains, Grandma Nut's house, the Ice Cream Sea and the Molasses Swamp. There are also two shortcuts: the Rainbow Trail and the Gumdrop Pass, like in the board game. If you draw a card that brings you to the start of either shortcut, you'll be able to skip a large or small swath of the board game map as usual.

But beware, Candy Land isn't without its pitfalls - there are three trap spaces in the original version that will trap you until you've drawn a card that's the same color as the trap, as well as other traps set by the evil Lord Licorice in a later revision of the board game that will cause you to lose a turn. These dangerous spaces would be represented as nightmarishly difficult levels that will take many attempts to complete.

All in all, if you are able to get to the finishing square and reach King Kandy, you will receive great rewards and powerful boosters that can help you back on the main game map. And you'd only have a limited time to conquer this challenge map."

3 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?