⚠️ Need help? Check our FAQ:s first HERE
📩 Email notifications Customise your experience in the forum! HERE

Do higher levels require payment for boosters?

Options
Silverglades
Silverglades Posts: 7 Level 2

While at the lower levels, I never had to pay for boosters - even the hard levels were passed eventually. However, since reaching over Level 4000, I find that I just can’t pass certain levels with paying for extra boosters or gold bars. When I do pay, I seem to magically zoom through the levels and win the race, as if King are controlling this. I already had a few months’ break from Candy, owing to this factor - and then recently started again as I’d missed it. So my question is - is the fact players need to pay to pass the hard levels in higher levels a known fact (which King even admit to) - or do many players continue to progress for free at these higher levels? The answer will determine whether I stop playing Candy for good.

Answers

• amingy
    amingy Posts: 100 Level 3
    Options

It wouldn't be as fun to play if you just bought your way through

• Silverglades
    Options

True - but then it’s not much fun being stuck on the same level for ages either.

• kiara_wael
    kiara_wael Posts: 145,129 Candy Moderator
    Options

Hi and Welcome to the King Community

Thank you for the feedback. Some level can be challenging , There are daily free boosters from Daily Spin , Thread Callender and many more to get free boosters in the game

• Silverglades
    Options

Thanks - I do know about the free boosters (I’ve actually been playing for many years). But I’m saying they don’t seem to make as much difference as the paid ones

• Silverglades
    Options

Well, as the only replies I’ve received totally miss the point I’m trying to make, I guess I’m the only one who’s noticed this. It’s almost like King have set an algorithm to monitor when you purchase & this sets the boards you get in the future to encourage you to purchase again.

• Doondie
    Doondie Posts: 1,255 Level 5
    Options

In other words, you believe they make it harder to play, so you are forced to buy again, while non-paying players are having an easier time? It makes no sense to discourage paying players like that. It's just levels over 4000 are getting harder and harder. Not that super or nightmarishly hard levels before that are easy to pass. It's just one gotta plan their gaming. I used to just play as much as I could/wanted a day, reaching 500+ levels a week. Ultimately, I run out of boosters and gold bars around level 4500. So I was at a crossroads - continue playing with an empty inventory or just quit. I decided to keep playing but at a much, much slower pace - like 1 episode a day, trying to not waste everything I earn, and only do Candy Royale when I'm confident I wouldn't fail. Thankfully, I had video ads, so I was taking advantage of Sweet Cinema and post-level help.

If you need help with some level or just wanna chat about the game, feel free to drop me a line on Discord (Sun#0314) or Reddit (u/Sunnysboy).

Have fun! 👍

• Silverglades
    Options

No, it’s kind of the opposite. The algorithm is encouraging me to pay again. When I pay, as if by magic, I’m suddenly able to zoom past levels - I’ve even gone from last position in a ‘race’ to winning the race as a result (on more than one occasion). And the amounts are small - £2 - £5 each time. It is partly luck as more candies fall into place to allow me to create special candies. Then, when the paid boosters run out, this luck seems to vastly diminish, leaving me stuck on one level for days. I also seem to get more pop-ups encouraging me to pay during this time. So, the being stuck & seeing more pop-ups are what the algorithm does to encourage us to pay again. Otherwise, the only thing I routinely pay for is the piggy bank so that’s the only time I usually have gold bars in my inventory.

• TippyToes
    TippyToes Posts: 13 Level 2
    Options

I agree with you Silverglades! If willing to spend money for gold bars, usually to keep playing sometimes for boosters, then once you start a winning streak you are good for quite awhile. Usually having to buy extra moves a couple of times along the way. But if not, it might take hours to win one of the ridiculously hard levels. There does seem to be an algorithm because, suddenly a relatively easy level is unwinnable without spending more gold bars for extra moves. I hate when I have to use 10 bars for a single move to finish the level, but if I don't I know I lose the bonuses that come with the winning streak.

Lately I've thought about refusing to pay more but then get frustrated with a level. It may be time to quit! I hate to think of the number of years I've been playing. I only started spending money this spring, after I got above level 7000, or there abouts.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?